What's new

Arko August 2019

Did another work morning Arko speed shave. Just rubbed the stick on my face and not the brush.

Did a 3 pass shave but the 3rd pass was a little thin lather wise. Still ended up with a DFS with my black beauty razor.

I just love the Wilko wordplay

That word play just cracked me up. It was perfect! Just thought of another one cos I like to amuse myself. Combine Tabac with Arko and you'll have yourself some Tabarko! Of course, I can not speak to what on God's fine earth would actually be created if you mixed the two. Maybe one shouldn't try that. But I'm sure you guys can come up with some other fine some soap name combinations that include Arko. That will make Arko August complete :)
I stuck the last bit of my Tabac onto my Arko stick and when I was breaking though and had a mix I called it exactly that Tabarko.
DSCN1628.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Still going with the Arko soap pucked. It looks like I have not used a great deal of the 2 Sticks that I grated into a puck. Bit of overkill on my behalf I thinking I might need 2 Sticks pucked.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Still going with the Arko soap pucked. It looks like I have not used a great deal of the 2 Sticks that I grated into a puck. Bit of overkill on my behalf I thinking I might need 2 Sticks pucked.
(2 year supply, minimum!)

Happy Arko Friday ya’ll! Using the stick this morning.

Attachments

• C7582889-AA61-4289-9B02-1CD22A403F99.jpeg
    C7582889-AA61-4289-9B02-1CD22A403F99.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I'm in love with just how easy Arko is to use. It takes little to no effort to get a great lather. I could easily use this soap for the rest of my life. I recently paired it with Myrsol Agua de Limon for a remarkable experience.

had another nice shave with Arko yesterday, even though i just got 4 new razorock pucks in the mail, i'll save those for after august is over. Used a Piccolo mk.1 with a brand new Bic blade, a pairing that's way more aggressive and sharp than i actually need, but i like the challenge, Arko helped make it pretty easy and comfortable.

Finished off with Razorock Acqua aftershave splash and Razorock's "Zscent" cologne spray, which is also Acqua (both splash and spray are C.K. One clones, i think the aftershave splash absolutely nails the scent perfectly, brings me right back to my younger carefree days & nights of the late 1990s)

Last edited:
Cool. Did you actually blend them and shave with?
No blending just the natural blending that happened as I was breaking through to the Arko. I use most of my samples and soft soaps by plastering them onto my Arko stick, so I experience the breaking through mixing very often.

No blending just the natural blending that happened as I was breaking through to the Arko. I use most of my samples and soft soaps by plastering them onto my Arko stick, so I experience the breaking through mixing very often.
Ahh ok now I get what you mean. Always something new to learn on these forums!

I'm in love with just how easy Arko is to use. It takes little to no effort to get a great lather. I could easily use this soap for the rest of my life. I recently paired it with Myrsol Agua de Limon for a remarkable experience.
It’s such a pleasure to use and the price is so right. Arko rocks.

Although I failed Arko August I still enjoy using Arko. I just happen to win a big box of stuff so I had to use it :) Someday I will try the Palmolive stick, if it smells anything like the cream it will be a great addition.

My Arko stock mashed into a puck still doesn’t seem to be any smaller after 24 shaves. With the longevity and the price of the stick, the pick just doesn’t make any sense anymore. I even took it off my shopping list and added the sticks instead.

Although it will be a minimum of 5 yrs or so before I even need to think about anymore shave soap. [emoji23]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Top Bottom