What's new

Arko arrives tomorrow! What have I done?!!!

Came in today's mail. I can see what some of the folks meant when they said, it smells like Ivory soap with a touch of lemon. I can deal with the smell. If I think of a urinal cake smell...there is a feint resemblance, but like all my soaps, I keep my nose close and keep sniffing to try and break out the details. It's more like a pure soap smell to me. I'll be giving it a go within the next week. Understandably curious. But for now...at least for me...the scent is not a deal breaker.

I have found the funk peaks while in lathered form on the face. But after rinsing, I get a clean laundry type of vibe which is quite nice in fact. Enjoy your first run with it!

My Arko is coming from UK probably in the next two weeks.
Smiley Goes Berserk Smiley

Do I need to prepare myself for something? Please encourage me!
The Praying Smiley Smiley

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My Arko is coming from UK probably in the next two weeks.
Smiley Goes Berserk Smiley

Do I need to prepare myself for something? Please encourage me!
The Praying Smiley Smiley

I haven't used my tub yet, but...it seems ok to me. Lots of folks say the performance is the real eye-opener. Looking forward to some thick, rich, slick lather.

For me...this makes four classic soaps in my collection...2xTOBS, Proraso White and now...Arko. I may have to buy Cella next.

Ivory soap camp. They do share some ingredients, but, to me, smells identical. Not bad, not good.

View attachment 1117430
That's funny because I just ordered some Ivory soap bars to grate and use to break in my boar brushes. I wanted to use the cheapest soap I could find that wouldn't damage my brushes. Final cost was less than 14 cents per ounce.

Here are the list of ingredients for each...

Ivory (Bars): Sodium Tallowate and/or Sodium Palmate, Water, Sodium Cocoate and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Coconut Acid, Palm Kernel Acid, Tallow Acid, Palm Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA

Arko (Stick): Potassium Tallowate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Parafinium, Liquidum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Disodium Distrylbiphenly, Disuffonate Amyl Cinnamel, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

Arko (Tub): Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate
Parfum, Parraffinum Liquidum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CL77891, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol.

That's funny because I just ordered some Ivory soap bars to grate and use to break in my boar brushes. I wanted to use the cheapest soap I could find that wouldn't damage my brushes. Final cost was less than 14 cents per ounce.

Here are the list of ingredients for each...

Ivory (Bars): Sodium Tallowate and/or Sodium Palmate, Water, Sodium Cocoate and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Coconut Acid, Palm Kernel Acid, Tallow Acid, Palm Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA

Arko (Stick): Potassium Tallowate, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Parafinium, Liquidum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Disodium Distrylbiphenly, Disuffonate Amyl Cinnamel, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool

Arko (Tub): Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Cocoate
Parfum, Parraffinum Liquidum, Tetrasodium EDTA, CL77891, Etidronic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol.

You should get yourself a synthetic and save the drama. I did the whole "boar-breaking" thing and boy, that's a year / bunch of money I'll never get back! Biggest wet-shaving black hole you can get yourself into.

You should get yourself a synthetic and save the drama. I did the whole "boar-breaking" thing and boy, that's a year / bunch of money I'll never get back! Biggest wet-shaving black hole you can get yourself into.
I have synthetics... and boars... and badgers :) And you're right, it is a black hole. But not the only one. If I had it to do over again, I would have three razors (Gem 1912, Goodwill #160, and a Tech), two synthetics, and a kilo of Cella for home, and a few Arko sticks for travel. But I'm still waiting for a few key components for my time machine so I'm stuck with what I have. And since I have all of this stuff, I might as well try to enjoy it. #FirstWorldProblems

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
You should get yourself a synthetic and save the drama.

Wifey and babby just got me a Maggards 30mm synthetic for Father’s Day and it made my Arko face-lathering faster, softer, and easier to control than my shed-happy scritchmeister Gentleman Jon’s badger brush.

And I’m still eyeing Omega boar brushes…

Arko is in my regular rotation of soaps. I have left mine in an open mug and the smell went away after about a week. It is a great soap and lathers well. I live in South Texas and we have gnats everywhere. My other soaps are kept in closed containers because they draw the pesky things. The Arko sets in an open mug, and the gnats avoid it like the plague.

I couldn't help it...I just kept hearing so many people rave about it. I bought the plastic tub.

But...if it smells like a urinal cake...it's going in the garbage!

You need to really join the Dark Side and look under “Clubs and Brotherhoods for the “Cult of ARKO”. Then your assimilation will be complete.....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom