What's new

arko and review by Joel

S

Sam

I read up on Arko. I had the occassion to use the cream (Commando I think) and it was a serviceable cream. I have not had the soap. I do respect Howard's opinon on it, but then again, I must admit, I do like some of the methodology Joel employs. Seeing the pics of his brush after 10 swirls with each soap does show the Tabac has gone farther into the brush head than the Arko. I do not think this is determinative but it is one of those factors that one can OBJECTIVELY look at to make a decision. Especially helpful when all you have is online stuff to look at and others' opinions. Too bad there is no test yet for slickness or thickness, but hey, Id probably pick the Tabac over the Arko just on the pics in Joel's review.

Given the glowing reviews of others, this is one i would like to try

OK, I suppose no brand on earth is one hundred perfect, Arko included. However, the soap works so well for me that I really have no right or reason to complain about it. There are 2 creams from Arko I never tried, the Citrus scented one and the Regular one. I tried 2 Arko aftershave/colognes which I must say disappointed me big-time, the Aqua and the Sunset.

Jeff

I get very good lather from Arko. It's pretty slick stuff. I don't get quite the thickness as some of the other top line products, but Arko performs very well. I really like the Sensitive. I'm so-so about the others. I can't use the Cool because of some sort of allergic reaction to it.

John, I find the Sensitive Arko cream not only smells delightful and lathers great, but I also find it somewhat cooling on the skin. Don't you experience that also?

Jeff

You know, some days I do, some days I don't. Today was one of those days I didn't get it. I'm not sure what it is.

John, I read the ingredients on the tube, it doesn't contain menthol, but it has menthyl lactate, which is also a cooling agent. It definitely produces a cooling effect, and the allantoin stops any razor burn or irritation in its tracks. A work of Arko art.

Jeff

Jeff, yes deffinetely my favorite Arko product so far. I'll buy more when it runs out. It's one of those products that gets negleted for some of the pricier stuff in my bathroom. But when I use it, I think, man, I really should use this more. Great product.

I used my new Arko Commando tonight. I might have to make myself a member of Arkoholics Anonymous.

Or, rather, ask to be admitted. At any rate, it was a great shave. Still not as good as the Arko shave stick last night, but pretty nice! I can't wait to try some more out tomorrow; should I do Cool or Citrus?

rossination said:
I used my new Arko Commando tonight. I might have to make myself a member of Arkoholics Anonymous.

Or, rather, ask to be admitted. At any rate, it was a great shave. Still not as good as the Arko shave stick last night, but pretty nice! I can't wait to try some more out tomorrow; should I do Cool or Citrus?
I have enjoyed the Citrus.. Very pleasant.:yesnod:

John and Jeff,

I've got 3 of the Arko creams and like them all, but I agree, there's something uniquely special about the Sensitive. It's in a class by itself. Frankly it's hard for me to understand even the slightest criticism of this product in light of what you get for the money.

Anyway, sign me up for AA!

John

greendyk said:
John and Jeff,

I've got 3 of the Arko creams and like them all, but I agree, there's something uniquely special about the Sensitive. It's in a class by itself. Frankly it's hard for me to understand even the slightest criticism of this product in light of what you get for the money.

Anyway, sign me up for AA!

John

I agree aswell I have only used it 2 times sofar but it has some mystery to it I just cant put my finger on it what it is it just rocks lathering wise you can make this Santa Claus lathering beard you see on the old Arko Stick. I just put layer on top of layer on layer... and then oh..smooth,close.

I had a rough weekend/day almost no enjoyment today 5 hours at the teleport helping someone I cant help..I mean its so hot the clouds totally blocking my Transmit path no wind its so SMOGGY I pulled of some tricks so the customer atleast had a bit of improvement no shave yet..should I lather my whole body and just shave it all off with Arko sensitive .. I feel sensitive now. :confused:

John, the Sensitive cream's excellent. If you ever get a chance, try the Commando scented cream, it's just as rich in lather, and just as slick. The scent is also dynamite. I think I'll shave with the Sensitive tomorrow, and the Commando on Tuesday.

Jeff

Jeff

I have the Commando, and I like it a lot, but it doesn't grab me in that striking way like the Sensitive does. My wife and daughter have even commented on how good it smells, and they rarely have any reaction after I use one of my 30 or so creams and soaps.

Regards,
John

John, for sure the Sensitive cream's beautifully scented--no doubt there! Besides the great scent and soothing feeling, I also enjoy the light cooling effect the stuff gives.

Jeff

I love all of my Arko creams. I don't, however, detect a whole lot of difference between them (except for the citrus), nor do I experience much cooling from the "cooling" cream. SWMBO likes them, though, and I can't argue with the lather, lubrication, or price!

I used the Commando cream today, and I must say that it provided a nice slick lather, really a clean and fresh feeling shave.
Cheers, DJ.

Daniel, the "Cool" cream's mistakenly named, because it produces no cooling effect, it's just a name for a scent, like let's say "Commando". Only the "Moist" has menthol for a real cooling effect, and the "Sensitive" cream has menthyl lactate as well as allantoin, so that one too will cool and soothe tender, easily irritated skin. I have yet to try the "Citrus" cream. Pricewise, Arko's about the cheapest brand I ever bought.

Jeff

Top Bottom