What's new

Arkinson Sword

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have a number of soaps in my collection that I would love to 3017, but there are 2 I have had trouble wanting to use. Wilkinson Sword Blue puck is my oldest soap and probably the worst. Although the scent is quite nice the performance is atrocious, it provides no cushion and little slickness. Arko on the other hand has plenty of slickness and cushion, but smells like urinal cake.
Yesterday I had my revelation, to combine the two. I was either going to end up with a useable soap or something I was going to hate twice as much.
IMG_20210319_140730.jpg

I gathered the necessary supplies, the two soaps, an empty dip bowl and a grater. I grated the two soaps in approximately equal amounts
IMG_20210319_141229.jpg

Finally I mixed the dry grated soaps together and wet my fingers to combine it back into a soap before leaving it for a day to dry out.
IMG_20210319_141417.jpg

Having now used this soap it is far from the abomination I thought it was going to be. It seems to have inherited the scent of Wilkinson Sword and the performance of Arko which is exactly what I was going for

Has anyone else produced a good hybrid soap from two or more soaps?

I have a number of soaps in my collection that I would love to 3017, but there are 2 I have had trouble wanting to use. Wilkinson Sword Blue puck is my oldest soap and probably the worst. Although the scent is quite nice the performance is atrocious, it provides no cushion and little slickness. Arko on the other hand has plenty of slickness and cushion, but smells like urinal cake.
Yesterday I had my revelation, to combine the two. I was either going to end up with a useable soap or something I was going to hate twice as much.
View attachment 1239413
I gathered the necessary supplies, the two soaps, an empty dip bowl and a grater. I grated the two soaps in approximately equal amounts
View attachment 1239419
Finally I mixed the dry grated soaps together and wet my fingers to combine it back into a soap before leaving it for a day to dry out.
View attachment 1239433
Having now used this soap it is far from the abomination I thought it was going to be. It seems to have inherited the scent of Wilkinson Sword and the performance of Arko which is exactly what I was going for

Has anyone else produced a good hybrid soap from two or more soaps?

Great move! :a29:

I did this for the first time recently. Like, this morning recently, so I haven’t had the opportunity to use the blends yet. I am however very pleased with the process and how it turned out. I chilled the pucks in the fridge before I grated them, and I think that really helped. After I grated, I let them warm back up to room temp and started pressing them into the container in layers. This worked very well and didn’t take long at all. The soaps I used are all top notch, so I’m not really concerned with how they’ll turn out performance wise. I thought the scents would work well together and I wanted to blend them to fit into my favorite containers. On the left is a blend of TOBS Sandalwood with Scheermonnik 1778 and on the right is Mike’s Natural Soaps Orange Cedarwood Black Pepper with Longrifle Hawkeye.

I like all of these soaps and my only concern was that the scent of the TOBS would totally over power the scent of the 1778. Much to my surprise, the blend of scents worked out perfectly! With the 1778 coming to the forefront mellowing out the TOBS a bit. I feel like this was a successful experiment and I’m sure I’ll do it again sometime.
FF07BE29-CB9E-46CD-AC8E-2FBF9AC00B7C.jpeg

Shave Long and Prosper!!💈🖖🏼💈

It so happens that I do not like some of my soaps and creams, and I very rarely use them. I thought about throwing it away. So, for example, Truefitt & Hill in tubes and The Blades Grim soap. Then I remembered this thread again. Today I scraped a little soap into my shaving mug and added some cream there, just a little. I made foam and was very pleasantly surprised when I almost lost mine Trafalgar 3 Simpson in this awesome foam. And the smell in general turned out to be different and very pleasant. In short, I advise everyone to try something like this.
1618523177017.png

Top Bottom