What's new

Arkansas Love...Let's see those Arks!

Let us know how it shaves. I am awaiting my Trans Arkie.
Here are the results from my shave with this razor. Good luck with your new stone.
7/20/20 SOTD First shave with this razor and the best part is I refreshed the edge myself and it was my first time honing a razor.
Razor: Peters Brothers Best Quality near wedge
Brush: Omega 10098 Professional Boar Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum Astringent: Osma Alum block
Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
For never honing a razor before I was very impressed with the final outcome. The bevel looked to be pretty good so I went right to my 8K Shapton and then Surgical Black Ark finisher. Very good shave near BBS close, comfortable, smooth shave
final results 9/10.
20200720_103751.jpg

7/26/20
💈SOTD💈
Razor: Gem Jr. Bar
Blade: Vintage Gem Duridium (1)
Brush: Rubberset 200-2 with 2 Band Bagder knot
Lather: WSP Formula T Bay Rum Astringent: Osma Alum block
Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn.
Last night I honed up a vintage Gem Duridium blade in anticipation of using it in the Gem Jr. Bar Lather Catcher. I've never honed a razor blade before but it went pretty well. Today I did a complete 3 pass shave with the vintage Gem blade than I did a 4th pass with a modern Gem just for cleanup. Not very much for the cleanup pass to deal with no sure if the remaining stubble was left from technique or blade sharpness. None the less there was very little stubble left to clean up after 3 passes with the vintage Gem blade. Very happy with the final finish. BBS close comfortable squeaky clean shave with zero irritation when applying the Alum block. Love this Gem razor but I think the star of the shave today was the vintage Gem blade. 9.5/10
20200726_121839.jpg
20200726_040538.jpg
20200726_030905.jpg
20200726_033726.jpg

What have you done to it so far?

ran both sides through w/d paper on marble.......which I know takes a lot of time and a gazillion sessions.

ran through 400, 600, 800 grits......

with the stone i have now.....it underwent the same process......just took months of tinkering to get it where it is now.

camo

ran both sides through w/d paper on marble.......which I know takes a lot of time and a gazillion sessions.

ran through 400, 600, 800 grits......

with the stone i have now.....it underwent the same process......just took months of tinkering to get it where it is now.

camo
Yep and a cheap 2" wood chisel whips one in to shape in a short time too.

Top Bottom