What's new

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts- A Brotherhood for us ZONIES

This morning I made my way over to The Gentleman’s Chamber in the Tucson mall to check out what they had to offer. I met with David and talked about the various products he had displayed. Super nice guy and I learned he’s on B&B also. They have a great selection. Razorock soaps, aftershaves, brushes and razors. Fine Accoutrements soaps and aftershaves. Parker razors and some Omega brushes. He also has a good selection of single pack DE blades. They also have their own line of wet shave products. I picked up a puck of Razorock WTP Blue Babershop and a puck of Fine American Blend. I also picked up a pack of Voskhod razor blades. David even threw in a couple packs of one of my favorites Gillette Greens for free! It’s so awesome to finally have a brick and mortar store selling a great selection of products in Tucson. Go and check it out!

Hi all--question about UofA. It's still been less than a year since my company moved me out of AZ, and my oldest is still ready to bolt GA to go back to the desert (she's in 11th grade). The interesting thing is, UofA is coming to her high school next week to meet with students, so she jumped on signing up for the session since UofA is on her short list. Funny thing is, in the 12 years I lived in the East Valley, I never once took a trip south to Tucson (my wife and kids all did for various school trips). Any comments about the environment at UofA or Tucson in general? In previous college tours with my older kids I was surprised at times at either how dumpy the campus was (all the nice spots were in the brochure) or how nice the campus was. Similarly, I've seen schools that were nice by themselves, but the second you left campus you weren't in very nice neighborhoods, and I've been in amazing college towns. Any input is appreciated. Ultimately, as a dad, I want to make sure I'm comfortable sending my daughter to a school. Obviously, if she gets really serious, then we'll take a trip to see for ourselves, but I appreciate all of your insights.

Thanks.

just FYI Tucson Folks, the Tucson Mall Location is open and carries a good selection of gear, I stopped by there and it is nice to finally have an outlet for shave gear. Here a few photos of the products offered, plus it is a full service "Old Style Barbershop. It is called the Gentlemen's Chamber Barbershop and is upper level near Macy's. we can now add this to the Arizona Shopping lists, LOL

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
So I went here yesterday, a Saturday around noon. Was very nice to see these items locally and I enjoyed looking at them and smelling some that I had not seen before.

There was a problem tho... there was this guy who appeared to worked there that parked in the chair just to the right of the last picture. He gave me the stink eye the entire time I was there checking out the goods. There were 2 girls at the register who could have helped me if I needed anything but he just sat there with his arms crossed giving me the death stare. It got so uncomfortable, I left and sat outside the store in the vibrating chairs. I hope he wasn't an owner. If he was, I'd never go back. (I suspect he was an overzealous employee who thought he was going to catch a shoplifter).

So I went here yesterday, a Saturday around noon. Was very nice to see these items locally and I enjoyed looking at them and smelling some that I had not seen before.

There was a problem tho... there was this guy who appeared to worked there that parked in the chair just to the right of the last picture. He gave me the stink eye the entire time I was there checking out the goods. There were 2 girls at the register who could have helped me if I needed anything but he just sat there with his arms crossed giving me the death stare. It got so uncomfortable, I left and sat outside the store in the vibrating chairs. I hope he wasn't an owner. If he was, I'd never go back. (I suspect he was an overzealous employee who thought he was going to catch a shoplifter).

I'd found out about the owner and or manager. See what happens and say something?

Anyone else coming to The Big Shave S'West this weekend? I'll be going on the Tombstone trip and plan to be there all day on Saturday. PM me if you want to meet up and say hello.

I am Northwest of Phoenix, out by junction of 303 & U.S 60. Place I refer to as Lizard Acres.

Recently discovered Razor Emporium. Not close by think it’s a great place, staff is both knowledgeable, and friendly.

Stopped to check out, pickup sampler of blade, and was gifted Shave Soap sampler.

Very great experience, plus great product selection.

They even sell refurbished Gillette Razors.

Top Bottom