What's new

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts- A Brotherhood for us ZONIES

Yeah I know about them 2 places..... WSP if I ever head out that way. Emporium if I am that way as well. lol. I asked about Rubinovs bc its like 15 minutes away from me.

Great thread. Glad to know there are some places here in Tucson to buy some product. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome Guys, wish we had some places like the gents up I-10 like WSP, PAA, Romanovs, TGN, AOS etc, but a couple yes

Unfortunately Tucson has always played second fiddle to Phoenix business-wise, simply because we don't have the population density that they do. Since getting into Avon a few months ago I can testify that pickens are pretty slim from what I can tell.

Unfortunately Tucson has always played second fiddle to Phoenix business-wise, simply because we don't have the population density that they do. Since getting into Avon a few months ago I can testify that pickens are pretty slim from what I can tell.
I would argue we have the population density at over 1.3 million. It is the County and City Governments that have plagued small business, business development and growth for years. As a local business owner and native, I have had dealings with both entities and personal know some of the players, and frankly it is one of the most corrupt in the nation and is the definition of good ol' boys. We have road conditions and potholes that are so deep they have their own weather patterns, but we do have a space port that can and did launch a chicken sandwich into space. LOL. It is made so hard for any business to come to Tucson. We are a big city with very small town ambitions unfortunately. The general public does not help, I remember when we were in the running for the F-35 we have 150 people show up and no one from the county, the Phoenix are had in the thousands. At elast we have the beautiful mountains, ROFL

I would argue we have the population density at over 1.3 million. It is the County and City Governments that have plagued small business, business development and growth for years. As a local business owner and native, I have had dealings with both entities and personal know some of the players, and frankly it is one of the most corrupt in the nation and is the definition of good ol' boys. We have road conditions and potholes that are so deep they have their own weather patterns, but we do have a space port that can and did launch a chicken sandwich into space. LOL. It is made so hard for any business to come to Tucson. We are a big city with very small town ambitions unfortunately. The general public does not help, I remember when we were in the running for the F-35 we have 150 people show up and no one from the county, the Phoenix are had in the thousands. At elast we have the beautiful mountains, ROFL

I understand ya on that. I try to steer clear of political stuff as it usually gets someone upset.

As a business owner I've fielded alot of calls from companies who ask why starting and running a business in town is so freaking hard. I tell them how I run my business, but, that's not how the city runs theirs. After 20 years it hasn't gotten any rosier.
And yes....the mountain views are great!

I understand ya on that. I try to steer clear of political stuff as it usually gets someone upset.

As a business owner I've fielded alot of calls from companies who ask why starting and running a business in town is so freaking hard. I tell them how I run my business, but, that's not how the city runs theirs. After 20 years it hasn't gotten any rosier.
And yes....the mountain views are great!
What line of business?

I was a service contractor for 14 years, gave up my license last year and now just do A/C service and handlyman jobs.

Last edited:
My BIL used to work for Russett years ago, I have an Insurance Brokerage here in town, and one of my clients owns Air Excellence, you will have to get me some cards that I can hand out to clients

Did not realize Tucson had those kinds of problems. I can't speak for Phoenix, but Chandler, where I live, is doing a great job in attracting businesses both large and small.

Did not realize Tucson had those kinds of problems. I can't speak for Phoenix, but Chandler, where I live, is doing a great job in attracting businesses both large and small.
It's bad Jim. We lost Tesla, the F35, and a couple of larger corps due to primarily the County government. The most recent was a shadow deal with American Airlines, when they offered a non-stop flight to NYC, of course we were all happy with that until we found out that a deal was struck to get them here for that non-stop, but it was not made public that if AA did not meet certain passenger quotas they would cease and were promised $3,000,000 of tax payer money in restitution, of which we knew nothing about, not to mention the country administrator, whom we took his take home car away, just gave himself a raise of $250,000.

But again we have our very own Mos Eisely for Chicken Sandwich launches, LOL BTW on Friday the FAA shut down future operations due to excessive flight traffic of DM and the airport, since when the "Space Balloon" goes up they would have to stop all air traffic. HEHE

I missed the AA thing but I was pretty mad we lost tesla. Of course I think the whole state is screwed on that one due to some regulation that doesn't allow an auto manufacturer to sell direct to customers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All I can say is that one thrift store after another is closing down - antique dealers, too (i.e. Copper Country). Which makes it harder to find vintage Avon A/S that I'm now into. :a32:

Top Bottom