What's new

Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts- A Brotherhood for us ZONIES

Do You Live, Snowbird, vacation or spend time in the Great State of Arizona?

1. Do you have a seatbelt "D" burn mark on either upper arm?
2. Do you spend time searching your local town for Shave products frustratingly?
3. Do you Plan pilgrimages to Romanovs, no matter how far to get Shaving Supplies?
3. Do people look at you funny when you are in line at A.J's Market Grocery with a Puck of Shave soap and nothing else?
4. Is Sally's, or Walgreens or other Drug Store, the only place you can get Clubman products locally?
5. Do you get some of your shave supplies from Crescent News & Tobacco Shop in Tucson? ( the only place!)
6. Having a found L'Occitane Store in your town do you feel as if you have "arrived"?
7. Do you look forward to our yearly monsoon?

If you answered yes to any of the above then this is the place for you! and you can join the Arizona Retro Shave Enthusiasts or A.R.S.E. and can proudly put this in your signature line!

So, Join us fellow Arizona Shavers. I am an A.R.S.E are you?:w00t:

Last edited:
Zonies:
Spoke to the Guys at Crescent in Tucson. Found out that some of the reason why he is not carrying a wider breadth of product is due to the overseas shipping. Gave him some ideas and he is looking into carrying Proraso, if there is enough interest. Tucson Gents please let them know.

I'm in Phoenix. I'm in. Found a lot of the cheaper fragrances at perfumania including Tabac cologne on their website. Checking bath and body works afterwork for their selection. I'll start listing places as I find them.

GREAT we have two members, we are picking up Steam!!!:laugh:

I have been asked to re-consider the name, to make it a little more palatable for the high standards of B & B, and I agree, so going forward we will be known as the:

ARIZONA RETRO SHAVE ENTHUSIASTS or A.R.S.E. ( kinda means the same thing HAHA - Love it! Thanks Garrett for the suggestion!
Tell Others Grand Canyon State folks that you may know on the forum. The whole idea was to have a one stop place for shopping locations, possible meet ups, and everything else. Will try to have the shopping updated for Tucson and Phoenix, today and please feel free to add to them, or If you find new ones let please post here!

Also you can add the A.R.S.E to you signature line.

Current members

skypsyd (Dave) - Tucson
blood_donor - Phoenix

Last edited:
ARIZONA SHAVE SHOPPING Phoenix and Tucson, Please feel free to update this list.
Submittted by some of the Phoenix folks in 2008 and beyond

icon1.png
Phoenix, AZ area shave shopping B&M

After looking around the Valley of the Sun for shaving supplies, I thought I’d put together a list for anybody else in the area. If you have found any that I haven’t listed, please post them here so that others (and myself) can check them out.
I spend most of my time around the east valley, so that’s where I’ve spent the most time looking. Some of the retailers have multiple Valley locations, but some don't carry the same lines of products. A quick phone call could save you some time.
I’m still trying to find some more higher (and lower) end stuff. I’ll update here when I find them.

*note* The Nordstrom’s around here don’t carry Truefitt & Hill.

Arizona Mills Mall

Merlos Cutlery
http://www.merloscutlery.com/
Carries a few Merkur models, some brushes (I forget which ones), a couple Col. Conk soaps, a couple decent strops, and some not so decent straights. If you sign up for email updates on their website you’ll get printable coupons for as much as 25% off one item.

Fragrance Outlet (next to Merlos)
Carries Tabac cologne and Royall (bay rhum, Mandarin, Spyce, Muske, Lyme).

Perfumania
http://www.perfumania.com/
Carries Tabac AS

Bath & Body Works Outlet
Very rarely gets men’s products, but when they do they’re very inexpensive.

Hi Health
http://www.hihealth.com/
Carries the Kiss My Face line. I’m not sure if this location carries the Shave creams, but some of their valley locations do. Whole Foods carries them as well.

Chandler Fashion Square

Dolce Barber & Spa
http://www.dolcebarberspa.com/index.html
Offers straight shaves (I haven’t tried them). Carries eshave products. You can get a coupon at the guest services desk in the mall for 15% off of any product if you’re an AAA member.

L’Occitane
http://usa.loccitane.com/
Offers the men’s colognes and the Cade line.

Crabtree & Evelyn
http://www.crabtree-evelyn.com/
Offers the full mens collection. If you sign up for email updates on their website you’ll immediately get a printable coupon for $10 off of $50.

Bath & Body Works
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/
Carries the C.O. Bigelow line. They’re very liberal with coupons, which can easily be found online.

The Body Shop
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/
Liberal with coupons, sign up or look around online.
Carries their own line of men’s products. ASD, Cologne, synthetic Bushes, etc.

Others

Lotions and Potions
http://www.lotionsandpotions.com/
On Mill Ave. in Tempe
Carries C&E Sandalwood and Almond, but not much else.

Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/
In Chandler.
Carries Norton Hones and some exotic woods in 1/8 for scales. Sign up for email coupons.

Ulta
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/
Tempe Marketplace, Chandler mall, others?
Carries some Lucky Tiger Products.

Sally’s Beauty Supply
http://www.sallybeauty.com/
Everywhere
Carries Pinaud Clubman AS and Masters Bay Rum AS.

----Superstition Mall has:
M.U.G. (Men's Ultimate Grooming)
http://www.mugonline.com/
Modern barbershop offering haircuts and shaves (using Mach 3 razor though)

They regularly stock some Merkur DE razors, and some strops...
Also stocks Eshave products: creams and razor sets/ stands and badger brushes...
Col. Conk soaps, brushes, and mugs /scuttles.
Woody's A/S balm, soaps and shampoos
Anthony's men products... etc...

Bath and Body works
the downstairs shop carries the C.O. Bigelo cream in a tube (proraso)

Ulta
just outside of Superstition mall
carries: Men-U brushes, shave creams
American crew shave creams A/S balms
Lucky tiger full line of shave and men's products

---San Tan Village Mall
The body shop
carries their line of creams, A/S balms and shve brushes

The Cigar King in Scottsdale Airpark, stocks The Art of Shaving products.
http://www.cigarking.com/ At least the last time I was in there.

PenWorks in Carefeee, AZ always has 10-40 various size custom brushes on hand at the store.

Bath & Body Works:
- Paradise Valley Mall
- Desert Ridge Marketplace
- Metrocenter Mall
- The Pavilions
- Chris Town Mall
- Arrowhead
- Scottsdale Fashion Square
- Shops at Norterra
- Lake Pleasant Town Center
- Tempe Marketplace
- Park West
- Desert Sky Mall
- Deer Valley Town Center
- Prime Outlets at New River (Outlet Store)
- Fiesta Mall
- The Summit
- Mesa Spectrum
- Dana Park
- Superstition
- Superstition Springs Center II
- Casa Paloma Mall

You can get Godrej shaving creams at the big Asian market at 43rd Ave and Union Hills/NW corner. I picked up the lime and menthol for $1.49 each.

the Brooks Brothers store in Scottsdale fashion square carries the Royall line of AS splash - Royall lyme, royall mandarin, royall spyce, royall bay rum etc

V's off of Ray and 10 and they carry Kent hair brushes but I asked my barber if they can order from the entire Kent line and they said yes but every shop is independently owned so you'd have to work something out with the owners.

RUBINOVS BARBER SUPPLIES
Address: 8530 N 7TH ST, PHOENIX, AZ 85020-3109

www.rubinovs.com
Carries the entire Pinaud line, Master's, Jeri's tonics and talcs. Col. Conk soap, Merkur razors, various blades including Derby 5 packs for .75. I also saw a few straights and that is just the tip of ye olde iceberg. There is also a barber shop next door. All in all a cool old school type shop with great service, TOBS all razor brands

Tucson Shave shopping:

Wild Oats Ranch Market - 3360 E. Speedway, E. of Country Club (520-795-9844)
Tom's of Maine shave creams
KMF shave creams
Organic Grooming and Herban Cowboy (100% Vegan...) soaps and creams
Avalon Organics creams
Alba creams
Herban Cowboy shaving mug
Bass pure bristle brush and stand

Sunflower Farmers Market - 4625 E. Speedway (520-325-1320)
Every... single... KMF product
Tom's of Maine creams, moisturizers, soaps, etc
Burt's Bees shave cream
Avalon Organics shave cream

Aqua Vita - 2801 N. Country Club (520-293-7770)
Weleda shaving creams
Aubrey Organics "Men's Stock" shaving cream
Avalon Organics cream

Basha's - Ft. Lowell/Swan location
In the "Organic" section: KMF shave creams

Trader Joe's
Trader Joe's Honey Mango Shave Cream - $2.99

CVS
Williams soap
VDH boar brushes
Head slick cream (yellow sports bottle)
Generic DE blades (Personna, I think. Appear to be same at Fry's/Kroger/Osco/Walmart)
Generic Injector blades

Walmart
Personna blades, 10-pack ~$1.55 <--- Cheapest price in town
VDH deluxe soap and boar brushes

Walgreens (not all locations)
VDH deluxe soap and boar brushes

CVS: VDH, AQV, Brut, Personna blades

Sally's Beauty Supply
Clubman Shave creams
Generic "pure" bristle shave brushes (tiny looking..?) - $3.99, made in China
Personna blades in blue blister pack (walmart's are black)
Blade disposal thingy

La Encantada - 2905 E. Skyline Drive (Skyline/Campbell)

L'Occitane en Provence - (520)299-1728
Cream - Cade and others
Soap -
Stainless steel bowl w/ Cade soap -
Plisson Synthetic brush
Shaving set (stand, natural bristle brush, mach 3 handle)

AJ's Purveyors of Fine Foods - (520)232-6340
Marvi Brushes
Tweezerman brushes and combs
Pre Di Provence Shaving Soap
Crabtree & Evelyn shaving soaps

The Knife Shop - Tucson Mall location (520) 292-2303
Open-comb classic DE razor (probably a Merkur) -
Merkur blade pack
Some leather strops

Salon de Nouveau - 2204 E Ft. Lowell (520-323-0770)

Canyon Ranch - 8600 E. Rockliff Rd (520-749-9000)
*Canyon Ranch is a like a "rejuvenation resort", so I have to imagine that the AOS supplies are available in some sort of shop on the property.

Crescent News Stand & Cigar Shop -
7037 E Tanque Verde 520-296-3012
Carry, Merkur Razors, TOBS shaving Creams, AS, Colognes, Feather, Astra, and some other blades
They are a great bunch of guys, trying to add more stuff as we buy it highly recommended.

Whole Foods - Various locations
Carry a variety of lower end shaving items, natural soaps

Hi End Tight barber Shop - 2926 E 22nd Street
www.hiendtight.com
small selection of straights, de, soaps and blade, great old time barber shop 520-326-8864

Thanks to everyone over time that has complied these lists please feel free to add as needed.

Ok we have enough for a quorum HAHAHA

skypsyd (Dave) - Tucson
blood_donor - Phoenix
mkiraly - Phoenix

Were on a roll, moving faster than a speeding turtle:w00t::lol:

Bath and body works Tempe marketplace. Carries their house brand cologne & C.O. Bigelow cologne. No after shave, but they have C.O. Bigelow shave cream (made by Proraso). Buy 2 get 1 free right now. The website says they carry Tabac, but not in this store.

Bath and body works Tempe marketplace. Carries their house brand cologne & C.O. Bigelow cologne. No after shave, but they have C.O. Bigelow shave cream (made by Proraso). Buy 2 get 1 free right now. The website says they carry Tabac, but not in this store.

Talked to one of the store managers today and she indicated that there are anchor stores for BBW and smaller outlets and only the larger anchor stores carry the full line of shaving goods, it is that way down here,, BBW in the Foothills mall does not carry stuff, but the larger store in the Foothills Mall does.

Also on another note found out today that Bed Bath and Beyond is starting to do some testing, for another brand they own called Harmon Stores. they are planning to test marketing by putting in a Harmon Section that includes, shaving gear, including razors, soaps, Pinaud products etc could be awhile though in Tucson, you guys may already have in in the valley

Penchetta Pen & Knife
16211 N Scottsdale Road Suite #A3
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Telephone:480-575-0729

Also known as The Golden Nib (to brush restorers and makers)

They have some razors, some soaps and creams (limited selection) and a mass amounts of brushes.

If you are looking to get a brush knot, email or call ahead of time to make sure they have it. And a fair warning, this is a gentleman's toy store. I could have easily dropped two grand when I went to grab the badger knots I bought there.

Hey I want In!!!

Another Zonie here. Haven't seen anyone mention Penchetta (Pavillions at scottsdale and Bell RD). Good size store, carries lots of Razors, lots of brushes (including Omega and Simpsons), an lots of creams and soaps (Proraso/Razorock/Omega/Prep to name a few). Also has a great selection of cutlery (defense and cooking varieties), pens, cigars and watches. Along with accessorie etc.

And no, I don't work for them!

Also, it the same owner of "TGN" The Golden Nib, onlline supplier of the highly regarded and affordable badger knots. Check it out, you will not be dissapointed.

Take care fellas. IM me with any questions about Penchetta.

Hey I want In!!!

Another Zonie here. Haven't seen anyone mention Penchetta (Pavillions at scottsdale and Bell RD). Good size store, carries lots of Razors, lots of brushes (including Omega and Simpsons), an lots of creams and soaps (Proraso/Razorock/Omega/Prep to name a few). Also has a great selection of cutlery (defense and cooking varieties), pens, cigars and watches. Along with accessorie etc.

And no, I don't work for them!

Also, it the same owner of "TGN" The Golden Nib, onlline supplier of the highly regarded and affordable badger knots. Check it out, you will not be dissapointed.

Take care fellas. IM me with any questions about Penchetta.

Welcome aboard Bula and the name has bee revamped to A.R.S.E ( Arizona Retro Shaving Enthusiasts) please feel free to post the stuf about Penchetta here and add A.R.S.E to your signature line if you want welcome again!

ok we are up to 4

skypsyd - Tucson
blood_donor- Phoenix
Mkiraly - Phoenix
Bula -Phoenix

Now we need a few more Tucson and other communities from the state, Thanks everyone for joining

I want in! I'm in the East Valley.

the only thing I can add right now is Nordstrom at Chandler mall has the Jack Black razors, brushes and creams. I'm anxious to visit some of these other stores. Also, isn't Razor Emporium in the West Valley? I've never been out there and can't comment for good or bad.

can we also compile a list of people who hone straights in AZ?

I want in! I'm in the East Valley.

the only thing I can add right now is Nordstrom at Chandler mall has the Jack Black razors, brushes and creams. I'm anxious to visit some of these other stores. Also, isn't Razor Emporium in the West Valley? I've never been out there and can't comment for good or bad.

can we also compile a list of people who hone straights in AZ?
welcome AZBronco thanks for joining. And yes if you have some research please post and I will do some research as well. That is a great idea!

ok we are up to 5

skypsyd - Tucson
blood_donor- Phoenix
Mkiraly - Phoenix
Bula -Phoenix
AZBronco- Phoenix

Now we need a few more Tucson and other communities from the state, Thanks everyone for joining, again feel free to post any shops or anything regarding DE, Habadashery, or straights and shaving related stuff.

Top Bottom