What's new

FS Aristocrat Sale, British

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&B,

Sadly, I need to let a couple of British Aristocrat sets go. It's to fund an upcoming razor purchase--so not all bad! Either of them would make excellent daily shavers or additions to a collection. Prices include US shipping and PayPal G&S.

1. British Aristocrat #15, 1936. This is the silver plated, earlier version of the more common and familiar 1938 rhodium plated “generation 1”. It’s gorgeous. Compared to rhodium and nickel plating, the silver has a soft, pleasant glow. The razor shaves just like it should—smooth and efficient. Compared to my 1938, I find this one has a little more efficiency and a tiny bit more blade feel. I would describe the condition as E- (not quite excellent but very good). The teeth are straight; it opens & closes fully, but there’s a few brazing spots. It has been cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner. Asking $190.

2. British Aristocrat #22, 1950s (Aluminum). This a curious find and a collectable piece. It came from the family of a former plating manager at the British Gillette plant. The razor appears to be a one-off. Like the Rocket Parat, the knob is the same width as the handle (unknown if it was purpose built or a quality escape). At 35 g, as measured on my home meat scale, it feels crazy light—far lighter even than a Tech or 3-piece NEW. By comparison, my regular Gen 4 weighed in at 73 g. It’s still got the same great grip and ergonomics. The shave was a very different experience, though. It’s un-muted and loud, and the vibrations reverberate throughout the whole razor (even the handle), yet it still delivers a smooth, fantastic shave. In my opinion, it’s smoother than the Wolfman WR2s I’ve tried. I would describe the condition as E+ (near mint). It has been cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner. Asking $170.

LEFT (all pictures): #15, 1936
RIGHT (all pictures): #22, 1950s (Aluminum)

Thanks for looking! Please send me a PM with questions or interest.

1 IMG_7957 Large.jpeg2 IMG_7961 Large.jpeg3 IMG_7960 Large.jpeg4 IMG_7962 Large.jpeg5 IMG_7963 Large.jpeg

Price drop: British Aristocrat #22, 1950s (Aluminum). $170 Asking $145
Looking to sell this weekend.

Price drop: British Aristocrat #22, 1950s (Aluminum). $170 Asking $120
This fella needs a new home!

Dang. Ok. I looovve my #15 & Parat. Is this comparable to the Parat in shave? I like the greater blade feel on the #15, but appreciate the efficiency of it's SB progeny.

All that to say, if the answer to my question is yes, I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom