What's new

Aristocrat #15 was slipped through my hands

This is impossible. I arranged everything to buy this razor. Maybe it is not in perfect clean condition but it just was needed a good cleaning. I said I would give £25 at max. He accepted my offer but he did not lift the country restriction off.:mad3: I know the buyer and I never forgive him. Here is the link. My RAD is still on fire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110646239583

I saw this too with the GBP25 BIN - that was a steal price but I couldn't bid because of the country restrictions.

Trust that somebody who will appreciate this got it in the end.

I saw this too with the GBP25 BIN - that was a steal price but I couldn't bid because of the country restrictions.

Trust that somebody who will appreciate this got it in the end.

Man, I saw you. The worst thing was I forced him to put BIN. If I said £20 he would accept that price.

I very nearly posted a comment to that auction telling him not to take a silly offer.

I think it's a #47, not an Aristocrat though?

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20open%20comb/1935%20Brit.Set%20No47.jpg

Nope it definitely is a #15. The handle is a lot thicker than that of the Popular Sets, the #47.

Also if the seller does not do his or her research on what they are selling then its their own fault if they sell an item for a ridiculously low price. I personally like getting deals so I dont say anything to seller about how much their item may be worth.

Nope it definitely is a #15. The handle is a lot thicker than that of the Popular Sets, the #47.

Also if the seller does not do his or her research on what they are selling then its their own fault if they sell an item for a ridiculously low price. I personally like getting deals so I dont say anything to seller about how much their item may be worth.

I agree when an item is priced low by the seller, but I feel different when a seller is convinced (or "forced") to price something far below market value.

All's fair, as they say.

So next time I think I WILL tell them not to take silly offers, so I can bid on them as I want.

i'm confused...why couldn't the seller ship out of country??

This started as a UK auction without a BIN. Within hours he had two requests to allow non-UK bidders to take part, and change it to a BIN auction. Apparently that wasn't enough to tip him off that it was a valuable item.

Last edited:
I agree when an item is priced low by the seller, but I feel different when a seller is convinced (or "forced") to price something far below market value.

+1 I avoid making offers but because I've been on the receiving end of low-ball BINs and missing out on items I do say that if they are looking for BINs to let me know what they want. That sits better with my conscience.

This started as a UK auction without a BIN. Within hours he had two requests to allow non-UK bidders to take part, and change it to a BIN auction. Apparently that wasn't enough to tip him off that it was a valuable item.

By the time I saw it it already had the BIN on it - but it wouldn't let me bid!. I explained about changing postage areas and exempting buyers from buyer requirements but still no good. I just had to sit and watch while a #15 in pretty good looking condition going for a song that I couldn't have... :cursing:

On the bright side, someone now has the score of the week. Maybe the month.

Yes, BUT IT WASN'T ME :lol:

For every seller than sets a way undervalued BIN option there are at least 100 that set a ridiculously high BIN. You know exactly what I'm talking about: a blade case for $80, a Knack for $50, a ball tech for $40. The list goes on and on

The knurling is different, and it has the thicker handle.

Yep, it was definitely a #15. The knurling is much finer on the #47 and, as indicated, it has a thinner handle. See the #15 here - http://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece%20open comb/1930s British Aristocrat No15.jpg

The case clearly doesn't say "Aristocrat" but it is not uncommon to find them in these cases.

Trust me I know what it was, I spent ages watching and clicking on the Buy It Now button hoping that 'this time' it would let me bid :cryin:

I've also got both a #15 and #47 - the handle is the giveaway.

Oh dear, I thought I was over this and had moved on, but obviously not.... :cryin:
:cryin:
:cryin:

Maybe he has need money. I just played my part.

All's fair, as they say.

Please, we are fine with deals and we do not need a "hawk eye" purposed person. Actually he had one request to BIN and changed it for me. And then Mark was became a part of deal but we both lost.

So next time I think I WILL tell them not to take silly offers, so I can bid on them as I want.

It's happened to me before, I'd asked a seller if they had a BIN price that they would consider on a lot of two razors (an Eclipse Red Ring and a Tech), they came back to me with £12. Unfortunately, I got called away to a meeting and someone was very fortunate to pick up an absolute steal in my absence.

This time around I was the fortunate one. :blushing: I checked ebay last thing before I went to bed last night and managed to bag the razor linked up top. Please don't hate me though guys, it's my birthday today so consider it my birthday score. :blushing:

It's happened to me before, I'd asked a seller if they had a BIN price that they would consider on a lot of two razors (an Eclipse Red Ring and a Tech), they came back to me with £12. Unfortunately, I got called away to a meeting and someone was very fortunate to pick up an absolute steal in my absence.

This time around I was the fortunate one. :blushing: I checked ebay last thing before I went to bed last night and managed to bag the razor linked up top. Please don't hate me though guys, it's my birthday today so consider it my birthday score. :blushing:

James, I was angry to my luck not to you. I went to bed late because of that auction(+2 GMT) and this morning I almost missed the bus for work. Congrats. For a side note, I was ready to buy it. Damn, I am so close to kill my RAD, partially. Wait a minute you bought that Rocket too.

Last edited:
This time around I was the fortunate one. :blushing:

Congrats. No hard feelings, if I'd seen it with the BIN I'd have nabbed it too.

Seems a new strategy has emerged. Wait for someone else to persuade the seller to set a BIN, then grab it before they buy. It should be called supersniping. :001_cool:

Top Bottom