What's new

Ariana&Evans shaving soaps

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
What can anyone tell me about these soaps? I've been going crazy buying samples of soaps, aftershave balms, and aftershaves.

I own two of them: L'Orange Verte and Vetiver Magnifique. They peform at least as well as any other soap I've used, and both are scents I truly enjoy (as, perhaps more importantly, does my wife). I pair the L'Orange Verte with the Cold River Soap Works Jardin D'Orange after shave balm, and I've ordered the Vetiver Magnifique aftershave splash from Ariana & Evans.

I have the Asian plum. I won't even attempt to tell you what it smells like or the notes, but to me it smells like a nice classy men's scent. My opinion is fairly strong and performance I think you are up there with the top soaps, fairly easy to lather good slickness and residuel slickness. I think it's got a nice post shave that comes on a while after your shave to make your skin feel somewhat softer which I like.

Ariana & Evans and The Shaving Shop Club brands are produced by Peter Charkalis and are incredible in scent and quality. He has a VIP access for The Shaving Shop Club that runs 12.99 per 6 months but you get 20% off all soaps and splashes for A&E and The Club brands - plus can get access to some exclusive and VIP only soaps. It does not take too much to get your 12.99 investment back.

I own A&E Platinum, NYC (Pasteur's exclusive), Project C (South Florida Wet Shavers meetup exclusive) and The Club Signtaure and Amber Rose. Below are my descriptions on scent and performance.

The Club signature - incredible scent with bourbon, tobacco absolute and three different types of sandalwood. Smells boozy off the tub but that tames down to an incredibly nice smell once lathered and post shave. The skin food/aftershave is in a very unique bottle. This is his newest base and is off the charts slick and protective. You can definitely do some blade buffing just due to the residual slickness. Post shave might be the best of any of my sizable soap collection in my den.

The Club Amber Rose - Scent is amber, rose, incense and tobacco - a smoky floral scent that makes it very masculine, but not overly so - the components play well off each other to strike a good balance. This is his goat's milk base - which is very good as well - just a notch under the base used for the Signature soap. Slickness is still considerably above average compared to most soaps. Post shave very good, but a notch below The Signature base.

A&E NYC - Fougere type scent with a smoky component. Can only purchase at Pasteurs in NYC or on VIP section of the website. Goats milk base with same excellent performance of the Amber Rose.

A&E Platinum - He calls this a barbershop, but it has more of a cologne type smell than some of the more herbal type barbershop smells. Extremely pleasing scent. This is in the goat's milk base as well - above average performance as listed in Amber Rose.

A&E Project C - I have not had the pleasure of using this one yet. I believe it's the same base as The Signature - which will be a treat! This one is not available for purchase other than through BST boards.

Peter also has a You-tube channel - Shaving with Charky - as he demos some of his soaps. And the other You Tube reviewers have videos for his products as well. Ruds and Paul H Films have recent videos for The Signature soap and splash.

I've got Asian Plum. Nice scent, sort of a muted sweet floral. Lathers easy enough, good slickness with excellent post shave. With soaps in the triple digits, this is one I would buy again and wait for other scents that interest me.

Ariana & Evans and The Shaving Shop Club brands are produced by Peter Charkalis and are incredible in scent and quality. He has a VIP access for The Shaving Shop Club that runs 12.99 per 6 months but you get 20% off all soaps and splashes for A&E and The Club brands - plus can get access to some exclusive and VIP only soaps. It does not take too much to get your 12.99 investment back.

I own A&E Platinum, NYC (Pasteur's exclusive), Project C (South Florida Wet Shavers meetup exclusive) and The Club Signtaure and Amber Rose. Below are my descriptions on scent and performance.

The Club signature - incredible scent with bourbon, tobacco absolute and three different types of sandalwood. Smells boozy off the tub but that tames down to an incredibly nice smell once lathered and post shave. The skin food/aftershave is in a very unique bottle. This is his newest base and is off the charts slick and protective. You can definitely do some blade buffing just due to the residual slickness. Post shave might be the best of any of my sizable soap collection in my den.

The Club Amber Rose - Scent is amber, rose, incense and tobacco - a smoky floral scent that makes it very masculine, but not overly so - the components play well off each other to strike a good balance. This is his goat's milk base - which is very good as well - just a notch under the base used for the Signature soap. Slickness is still considerably above average compared to most soaps. Post shave very good, but a notch below The Signature base.

A&E NYC - Fougere type scent with a smoky component. Can only purchase at Pasteurs in NYC or on VIP section of the website. Goats milk base with same excellent performance of the Amber Rose.

A&E Platinum - He calls this a barbershop, but it has more of a cologne type smell than some of the more herbal type barbershop smells. Extremely pleasing scent. This is in the goat's milk base as well - above average performance as listed in Amber Rose.

A&E Project C - I have not had the pleasure of using this one yet. I believe it's the same base as The Signature - which will be a treat! This one is not available for purchase other than through BST boards.

Peter also has a You-tube channel - Shaving with Charky - as he demos some of his soaps. And the other You Tube reviewers have videos for his products as well. Ruds and Paul H Films have recent videos for The Signature soap and splash.
Are any of the other soaps besides signature in the new (final five) soap base yet? And I wonder where you buy the signature, can it be bought without the aftershave ?

Are any of the other soaps besides signature in the new (final five) soap base yet? And I wonder where you buy the signature, can it be bought without the aftershave ?

At this point, none of his other normal soaps are in the new base yet (though I think the Project C event soap might be). He just came out with signature a couple weeks ago, so I would look for more scents to be released in the future in that base.

You can purchase the soap separately. He will be making it available to the general public soon, so a VIP membership would not be necessary to buy it, but it would be at full cost.

At this point, none of his other normal soaps are in the new base yet (though I think the Project C event soap might be). He just came out with signature a couple weeks ago, so I would look for more scents to be released in the future in that base.

You can purchase the soap separately. He will be making it available to the general public soon, so a VIP membership would not be necessary to buy it, but it would be at full cost.
Okay I appreciate the information that helps clear up some details. That new base is definitely one that I want to give a swirl. Thank you!

Since you do not have any of his soaps yet, I would wait for the new formula to come out. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his current base, his soaps are some of my top performers but you may regret at some point not to have got the newer base.

Scent wise, he does select great fragrances for his soaps (Asian Plum is a winner if you are into floral scents) and if you look on the BST groups, you dont see his soaps too often. There is also a lot of videos out there about his soap to give you an idea.

I have a stick of Platinum that I use as my travel soap. Good modern American barbershop scent and very good performance.

I have asian plum and summer fig. To be honest, I did not like summer fig when I first got it but now I love it. Those two soaps are my favorites in performance and scent. Sometimes I just open and smell but shave with something else. I want them to last.

I have wanted to try others but have not since I cannot tell what the scent is. Maybe this thread will help. I almost got the orange several times the other day.

If I could pick 3 soaps for life Uno would be one of them.

i have the AS splash, it is indeed an amazing scent

I also have Grecian Horse and Vanille de Tabac which also smell great.. TBH I have yet to hear bad comments on any A&E scent.

Im eagerly waiting to try his new soap base

...TBH I have yet to hear bad comments on any A&E scent...

I don't particularly like Spartacus, but that is only due to the Aventus Creed like scent which is too metrosexual for me. That said, I think the currently made A&E soap is better than Grooming Dept. and sits side by side with B&M Reserve/Excelsior, Declaration Grooming & Talbot, but their scents are unmatched in shavedom for their artistry & construction (with an exception made for the beautiful DG Dirtyver). L'Orange Verte is simply stunning and Socal Hipster, while not as strong, is a just a great "fun" scent. I cannot recommend A&E highly enough. Great stuff.

I don't particularly like Spartacus, but that is only due to the Aventus Creed like scent which is too metrosexual for me. That said, I think the currently made A&E soap is better than Grooming Dept. and sits side by side with B&M Reserve/Excelsior, Declaration Grooming & Talbot, but their scents are unmatched in shavedom for their artistry & construction (with an exception made for the beautiful DG Dirtyver). L'Orange Verte is simply stunning and Socal Hipster, while not as strong, is a just a great "fun" scent. I cannot recommend A&E highly enough. Great stuff.

Great to hear. I, too, don't like Aventus (just tested it again two weekends ago), so to hear you like these other scents gives me confidence I can venture past Vetiver Magnifique and still find scents that I will love.

The release has been postponed. Honestly paying the vip fee is worth it and is the only way to get it until January.
Yeah I found that out a couple of days ago that has been postponed, but they wouldn't answer me when I ask how to find out what day and what time it will be released. In fairness he did answer me once and they're probably busy to answer again.

Top Bottom