What's new

Ariana & Evans K2 soaps vs shaving butter?

I'm in the process of 3017ing my only soap (Stirling Executive Man) and I'm planning on getting one or two of the Ariana & Evans soaps. I know Maggard has samples of most of their soaps so I'll try a handful of scents that sound appealing, but I don't think they have the shaving butter. For people who have tried both, how would you rate the two individually and against one another for slickness, cushion, ease of lathering, post shave, and overall quality for the price? Also if you don't mind, what are your favorite scents?

I'm still some time away from getting samples, but I'm looking at some of the scents of the K2 base soaps online. The short list of samples I'm thinking of trying are SoCal Hipster, Grecian Horse, Undersea, and Kaizen. Are there any that you guys like more than any of these 4?

I'm only interested in seeing results of the butter, but unfortunately it's not available.
I'm really interested in that too. I'd like to know if the butter and K2 bases have different strengths and weaknesses other than the butter needing less water and being better at not using tallow/ the K2 base being better at holding water and better at not being vegan.

As far as I am aware, the Kaisen 2 formulation is only available to members of Shaving Shop Club. The Shaving Butter is available on the regular Ariana and Evans site, but it is sold out on that site. It is available on the Shaving Shop Club site.

I'm still some time away from getting samples, but I'm looking at some of the scents of the K2 base soaps online. The short list of samples I'm thinking of trying are SoCal Hipster, Grecian Horse, Undersea, and Kaizen. Are there any that you guys like more than any of these 4?

Just so you are aware, the 4 you mentioned aren’t in the K2 base (probably will be in the future?) they are all in the Kaizen base. I have SoCal Hipster and love it, I liked Kaizen and was going to buy a tub until my wife told me it smelled like the soap in the mall washroom so that changed my mind. I haven’t smelled the other two or any of the K2 soaps and haven’t tried the Shaving Butter so can’t comment on them. SoCal Hipster, St Barts and Monte Carlo are my favourite A&E scents that I have smelled. I haven’t found anywhere that sells samples of K2 soaps and Peter said they will only be available on their site when they get released except only Signature will go to retailers so I doubt any samples of K2 will become available unless Shavedash buys a couple tubs. If you want to smell the scents available in Kaizen, Maggards and Shavedash have samples.

As far as I am aware, the Kaisen 2 formulation is only available to members of Shaving Shop Club. The Shaving Butter is available on the regular Ariana and Evans site, but it is sold out on that site. It is available on the Shaving Shop Club site.

Peter announced the other day on social media, they are doing a public release of the K2 soaps on June 25

Just so you are aware, the 4 you mentioned aren’t in the K2 base (probably will be in the future?) they are all in the Kaizen base. I have SoCal Hipster and love it, I liked Kaizen and was going to buy a tub until my wife told me it smelled like the soap in the mall washroom so that changed my mind. I haven’t smelled the other two or any of the K2 soaps and haven’t tried the Shaving Butter so can’t comment on them. SoCal Hipster, St Barts and Monte Carlo are my favourite A&E scents that I have smelled. I haven’t found anywhere that sells samples of K2 soaps and Peter said they will only be available on their site when they get released except only Signature will go to retailers so I doubt any samples of K2 will become available unless Shavedash buys a couple tubs. If you want to smell the scents available in Kaizen, Maggards and Shavedash have samples.

Peter announced the other day on social media, they are doing a public release of the K2 soaps on June 25
Thanks, I didn't know that. I wonder if Maggard will have K2 base samples ready to go in July. Worst case scenario it'll be like you said; I'll still get to try out the scents. Thanks for the scent recommendations too. I'll read over the notes.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I wonder if Maggard will have K2 base samples ready to go in July. Worst case scenario it'll be like you said; I'll still get to try out the scents. Thanks for the scent recommendations too. I'll read over the notes.

I would say Maggards may only get samples of the Signature in K2, I don’t think we will see any other K2 samples there for a long time, maybe in 6 months when Kaizen 3 probably comes out (that is a joke, I have no idea when another base will come from A&E). When people asked if any retailers were getting K2, he made it clear K2 is a Shaving Club exclusive and the only K2 going to any retailers, other then their affiliate in Italy, is the Signature.

I would say Maggards may only get samples of the Signature in K2, I don’t think we will see any other K2 samples there for a long time, maybe in 6 months when Kaizen 3 probably comes out (that is a joke, I have no idea when another base will come from A&E). When people asked if any retailers were getting K2, he made it clear K2 is a Shaving Club exclusive and the only K2 going to any retailers, other then their affiliate in Italy, is the Signature.
Sorry about that, looks like I misunderstood you earlier. I might add the Signature to my sample list just to try out the K2 base if it becomes available to Maggard. Does the public release of K2 on A&E's two websites mean that the non-Club soaps will get the base too, or will those still have the Kaizen 1 base?

I’m not sure and curious about that too. Not sure if he will start making the non Club soaps in K2 as he replenishes low stock or keep it strictly for Club branded soaps 🤷‍♂️

FWIW, Kaizen 2 base is available in Europe through retailers that carry A&E. For example Ariana & Evans | Official UK Retailer | Slickboys carry The Club products, in addition to the "regular" ones.

FWIW, Kaizen 2 base is available in Europe through retailers that carry A&E. For example Ariana & Evans | Official UK Retailer | Slickboys carry The Club products, in addition to the "regular" ones.

There is a difference in The Club scents and Kaisen 2 formula which currently is being offered only to VIP members of Shaving Shop Club. However, Peter has announced that is to change shortly. On June 25, he is releasing the first Kaisen 2 soaps to the general public.

Looks like it is back in stock. But I just bought a new tub of MdC Vetyver, so I'll hold off on trying this for now.

Has there been any update on which soaps/scents are a part of the K2 base public release?

They were released to the public today. I’m not sure of all of them that were released or at what time as they get added randomly throughout the day and removed when they show sold out. While checking randomly through the day, I saw in K2 Khalifa, Club Baccara, Dirty Ginger, Fruit de la Passion, Mimosa and Melon and Pin-up series. They added $5 to the K2 price for public release as per A&E on social media and they weren’t saying which ones were being released.

Edit: It appears that they are adding more sets now after 6pm EST so hopefully it’s a little more straight forward now

Last edited:
Top Bottom