What's new

Ariana & Evans favorite scents?

I’ve tried the following A&E soaps in either sample size or full size tubs: Asian Pear, Asian Plum, Kaizen, Monte Carlo, SoCal Hipster, St Barts, Spartacus and Tertius. I enjoy the performance, one of my top bases and scents so would like to try the rest to see how they are.

My favorite for A&E and top 2 for all of my summer type scents is SoCal Hipster, own the soap and splash. I also really like St Barts (own soap and splash) and Kaizen, next soap and splash I will get. Monte Carlo and Spartacus are good but I already own other versions of the dupes I enjoy as much so can’t justify getting another. Asian Pear and Plum were both really good but for me they were a little too sweet to use regularly. I enjoy the samples but don’t see myself wanting to use them enough to buy a full size tub. They smell like nerds (plum) and bubblegum (pear) to me.

I would suggest checking out Maggards or Shave Dash for A&E samples
So, St Barts it is. I could get the Socal instead but the label is terrible man.

I mean, a goat with a shirt??

So, St Barts it is. I could get the Socal instead but the label is terrible man.

The scent sure makes up for the label, worth a try to get a sample.

St Barts is a great choice. To my nose, I get the smell of the ocean and the tropical smell in the air when you are somewhere like the Caribbean or Hawaii. Use it lots during the summer but also occasionally during the winter when I wish I was on a beach somewhere

The scent sure makes up for the label, worth a try to get a sample.

St Barts is a great choice. To my nose, I get the smell of the ocean and the tropical smell in the air when you are somewhere like the Caribbean or Hawaii. Use it lots during the summer but also occasionally during the winter when I wish I was on a beach somewhere
TBH I am between these, but it will be a blind buy.
Cuban Highball
St Barts
Amber Rose
London Gin Club

I have 3 A&E (not Kaizen), the Asian Plum, L'Orange Verte & Cafe Au Lait.
From the 3 I only like the Asian Plum. It is really good.

TBH I am between these, but it will be a blind buy.
Cuban Highball
St Barts
Amber Rose
London Gin Club

I have 3 A&E (not Kaizen), the Asian Plum, L'Orange Verte & Cafe Au Lait.
From the 3 I only like the Asian Plum. It is really good.
Where are you located? Since I have the full tub of St Barts and SoCal Hipster and the sample I bought initially as well of both, I could send you a sample of each in an envelope. Don’t have and haven’t tried the other 3 so can’t comment

Where are you located? Since I have the full tub of St Barts and SoCal Hipster and the sample I bought initially as well of both, I could send you a sample of each in an envelope. Don’t have and haven’t tried the other 3 so can’t comment
Unfortunately in Greece!

Have tried Asian Plum, Pampelmousse (grapefruit), SoCal Hipster, St. Barts, and Grecian Horse. Love Asian Plum. Both Grecian Horse and SoCal Hipster are very good. The grapefruit one is, well grapefruit, if you like that. And the St. Barts, nothing wrong with it. Just realized Bay Rums aren't for me.

So far I have used Asian Pear, St Bart's, and Kaizen. They were all in the Kaizen base. I loved all of their scents and performance. All of the scents were light and not overly polarizing. They have wide seasonality ranging from Winter/Autumnal (Asian Pear) to Spring and Summer (St B's and Kaizen).
I was worried the Asian Pear would be too sweet or gourmand when I ordered it but it turned out just right, less pear tart and more dry pear cider. What really impressed me is how realistic the pear scent was...it was literally like taking a bite out of a perfectly ripe pear. Literally the only time I have smelled this scent other than the real thing (when I'm lucky) was in this soap.

Now for the Kaizen, same thing, extremely realistic- yet enhanced, better than a bouquet of fresh cut flowers...seriously whatever Peter is doing at A&E is next level. I've never liked rose scented/flavored anything. Kaizen was rather rose forward for my nose, but somehow I managed to love it.

I don't know if St Barts is inspired by Creed's Virgin Island Water or not. Apparently Tommy Bahama has a Creed VIW clone called St Bart FWIW. This scent to me is like if you turned the pineapple in Creed's Aventus up to 11 and removed the Green Apple and smokiness completely.

Of course, all of this is subjective

All of the scents were light
This has not been my experience with A&E. Don't get me wrong. The soap base is fantastic (even before Kaizen imho). To my nose, A&E scents are strong, strong, strong. In general. I keep exploring A&E soaps because the soap is a great shaver, but I have not found the scent for me (but maybe that's why I think the scents are strong—I didn't like them). I do have some samples in the house and look forward to trying them, including Vetiver Magnifique which smells nice just off the sample.

This has not been my experience with A&E. Don't get me wrong. The soap base is fantastic (even before Kaizen imho). To my nose, A&E scents are strong, strong, strong. In general. I keep exploring A&E soaps because the soap is a great shaver, but I have not found the scent for me (but maybe that's why I think the scents are strong—I didn't like them). I do have some samples in the house and look forward to trying them, including Vetiver Magnifique which smells nice just off the sample.
Hi Mero,
I think you might be confusing light with weak. In my experiences all of the scent strengths were just right, although St Barts could have lasted a little longer before I went noseblind to it, but again that's just my experience. What were the scents you tried in the past?

Ha! Yeah I gotta be honest I don't get it either but maybe that's the point? I may be giving more credit than it's worth but who knows. Soap labels are becoming more and more like art these days and art is something I've never understood.

I agree, one of the best artisans on soap performance, but totally misses the mark on fragrance. If they had scents more like B&M or Stirling they’d easily be the best artisan maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only soap that could be compared with Kaizen and beat it, is the Milksteak from master of soaps, Declaration Grooming.

Some serious primary & a killer residual slickness and lather density, denser that my Greek yogurt 🇬🇷

Siero is close, but slickness is beyond the charts with Scott's soap.

linty1

My wallet cries.
This is a soap brand thats on my own personal "need to try" list, I'm glad that a) ppl are enjoying it and b) the scents that I was eyeing seem to be the ones that get mentioned often (the pear and the plum). Although like the Stirling brand, there are a lot of other scents that are appealing.

Their website imagery is also terrible (or great depending on one's perspective). I was interested in finding out more about one of their scents and upon visiting the website was greeted by a larger than life supermodel couple. Then tats and more tats. Seeing the tattooed lady getting a straight razor shave in the bubble bath was a bit over over the top. Are they selling great products...or trying to look edgy? Though they may make great products I quickly figured out they were trying to market to a different demographic.

Top Bottom