What's new

Arex Delta Defense 9mm (Slovenia)

I've had my eye on this pistol for a couple of years and ordered one from K-Var (Las Vegas, NV) over the weekend as it was on sale (and still might be).

Overall gets very good reviews. It is also compatible with Glock 19/23/32 holsters and is also compatible with CZ P10-C magazines although they don't drop free like the Arex mags.

Absolutely will post a review.

The Arex Delta is also .1" thinner than the Glock 19 and according to reviewers weighs 1.5 - 3 oz. less depending on which magazine is used.

My only concern (and it's very minor) is night sights. Both front and rear sights are dovetailed. I'm fine with the rear sight but eventually would like upgrade the front sight to a tritium with a big color ring. One review says the dovetails match Springfield Armory's XDM sights. It would have been cool if Arex had done Glock-compatible sights as replacing the front sight would be a snap.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Absolutely will post a review.

The Arex Delta is also .1" thinner than the Glock 19 and according to reviewers weighs 1.5 - 3 oz. less depending on which magazine is used.

My only concern (and it's very minor) is night sights. Both front and rear sights are dovetailed. I'm fine with the rear sight but eventually would like upgrade the front sight to a tritium with a big color ring. One review says the dovetails match Springfield Armory's XDM sights. It would have been cool if Arex had done Glock-compatible sights as replacing the front sight would be a snap.

I wouldn’t mind a dovetailed front post if it has a set screw. You don’t want that front sight drifting and we shouldn’t have to loctite the edges.

This reviewer says XD/SIG sights do not fit this firearm...too small.

Fortunately the gun market is pretty quick to catch up.

Don't bet on it for a niche firearm.

I want night sights for my Canik pistols, but they are limited manufacturers that make compatible night sights.
TruGlo makes a set, and XS makes set, They are the only big names ones who do, and I'm not a fan of either.
I like Meprolight contrast color tritium, but they are not making a set for the Canik, and Trijicon has no plans on making a set.
So good luck finding night sights.
Maybe contact Global Ordnance. They push that pistol pretty heavily.

Night sights for SA XDM series will fit the Delta.

My pistol arrived at receiving FFL yesterday all I need to do is stuff a ten-spot in my pocket for the transfer and get over there.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Don't bet on it for a niche firearm.

I want night sights for my Canik pistols, but they are limited manufacturers that make compatible night sights.
TruGlo makes a set, and XS makes set, They are the only big names ones who do, and I'm not a fan of either.
I like Meprolight contrast color tritium, but they are not making a set for the Canik, and Trijicon has no plans on making a set.
So good luck finding night sights.
Maybe contact Global Ordnance. They push that pistol pretty heavily.

My understanding has been that one can order a Canik pistol with night sights on it from the manufacturer?

My understanding has been that one can order a Canik pistol with night sights on it from the manufacturer?

According to their website, only the Elite SC has a 'phosphorus' front sight.
It's also the only model that retains the rear sight when a RMR style optic.
I haven't seen a SC in person, so I can't say if it's a tritium front sight.

Finally made it out to the range yesterday morning.

Ammo used was reloaded 9mm (115gr FMJ with .5cc Power Pistol using a Lee Dipper; COAL 1.150" CCI SPP)

First shot (at 7 yards to see if sights were off) was absolutely dead center on a min-B27 target. Sweet. Put another 29 rounds downrange at same distance and punched a nice neat 2" diameter hole in target center. Very sweet.

Moved target out to 15 yards and shot another 20 rounds. With the exception of 2 flyers the group opened up to about 4-5" and by that time sweat was pouring down my face and lenses of my eye pro. Enough. Cleaned and lubricated the pistol, picked up about 600 pieces of brass left behind by other shooters (sweet), and went home.

The review:

With factory sights dead-on accurate. Variety of texturing offers an excellent grip and you're going to need it because this pistol is very snappy (it's about 3 oz. lighter than a Glock 19). I had zero failure to fire or feed issues with the ammo I used.

As for the trigger: meh. During the takeup to the "wall" you can feel a 'draggy-gritty' pull as the trigger bar interfaces with a very large firing pin safety as well as stretching a double-spring striker assembly. The break is fairly crisp and the re-set is extremely short but not particularly definitive for lack of a better word. Damn near all the pistols I've owned are striker-fired so I am used to that kind of trigger. It's not the worse but hardly the best. I put some good lubricant around the firing pin safety (cannot be removed for polishing) and it seemed to help. Will see if things smooth out after another several hundred rounds.

Finally made it out to the range yesterday morning.

Ammo used was reloaded 9mm (115gr FMJ with .5cc Power Pistol using a Lee Dipper; COAL 1.150" CCI SPP)

First shot (at 7 yards to see if sights were off) was absolutely dead center on a min-B27 target. Sweet. Put another 29 rounds downrange at same distance and punched a nice neat 2" diameter hole in target center. Very sweet.

Moved target out to 15 yards and shot another 20 rounds. With the exception of 2 flyers the group opened up to about 4-5" and by that time sweat was pouring down my face and lenses of my eye pro. Enough. Cleaned and lubricated the pistol, picked up about 600 pieces of brass left behind by other shooters (sweet), and went home.

The review:

With factory sights dead-on accurate. Variety of texturing offers an excellent grip and you're going to need it because this pistol is very snappy (it's about 3 oz. lighter than a Glock 19). I had zero failure to fire or feed issues with the ammo I used.

As for the trigger: meh. During the takeup to the "wall" you can feel a 'draggy-gritty' pull as the trigger bar interfaces with a very large firing pin safety as well as stretching a double-spring striker assembly. The break is fairly crisp and the re-set is extremely short but not particularly definitive for lack of a better word. Damn near all the pistols I've owned are striker-fired so I am used to that kind of trigger. It's not the worse but hardly the best. I put some good lubricant around the firing pin safety (cannot be removed for polishing) and it seemed to help. Will see if things smooth out after another several hundred rounds.
Nice, maybe dry-fire it every day.....since ammo is scarce

I just purchased the Delta and am awaiting its arrival. Thank you for your review. I too am having a hard time finding aftermarket furniture. But mostly I am looking for an OWB and an IWB. Any ideas?

I have just ordered one of these. I have a Zero-1 and like it.
Anyway, I will try the XDM sights; I have shimmed sights in the past so I can these too if I have to. I just want a fiber-optic front.

I hope this works out for you all.

There are a number of Kydex holster makers are the web that say they make for the pistol. A number of positive reviews also opine that the gun will fit most Glock 19 etc. holsters. Om the maker below, AREX slots in before Ruger on the list as it is cleearly not strictly alphabetical.

Holster/Mag Pouch/Made to Fit sight options are but three reasons why the latest Glock killer has yet to succeed.

Chip an extractor on this pistol shooting steel cased ammo because that was all one could buy at under .50 a round right now and get one to your door in under a week for less than 100 shipped.

The Gen 1 M&P had a shot but had some accuracy issues w 9mm. The VP9 is a fine pistol but cannot compete on price most of the time and not at all for anybody who can buy a Blue Label LEO/MIL/GOVT/Retired MIL/GSSF price.

The SIG 320 teases but QC issues continue to rear their heads.

Top Bottom