What's new

Area most prone to nicks/weepers?

When weepers pop up it's usually upper lip or lower neck.
The upper lip is caused by going ATG there with too much enthusiasm too early on in the shave.
The lower neck is caused by catching a fold of skin which can happen even when the skin is stretched.

Weepers are usually top lip or sides of
Mouth and usually on the first shave of
A fresh new sharp blade.
And when I nick myself it's almost always
The pointed area of the chin or just below
It or just above the jawline..

For me it's either right along the bottom inch of my neck, as it transitions to chest, or right along the far outside of my neck below the ear by about 2", where the toe of my razor sometimes stabs me while I am trying to pay attention to the heel along the jawline.

I might as well chip in my 2¢.
I've had a weeper or two on my mid neck region, but I've nicked myself twice, once on each side, on the bottom ridge of my nose where it connects to my face (I believe from hastiness).

For me, wherever the angles are sharpest (?) -- preventing me from getting a flat shaving surface.

The jawline, chin, and mid-neck regions are most prone to weepers/nicks.

Moustache area from trying to hard to get a clean shave. Carelessness around the mouth corners. I am more careful now, going slow, and am very intentional.

Chin again here. Why is the chin such an issue? Any recommendations for technique?
Maybe for the same reason under the sideburns it is easiest.
Solution? Buy a contoured razor with matching blades. lol
Technique? Not a clue. I'll be interested in what others say though.

Which area of your face do you most often nick?
The jaw line as that area has a quick change in angle and therefore requires a change in blade angle. I would not use the word prone as good technique will negate the likelyhood of nicks and weepers.

Maybe for the same reason under the sideburns it is easiest.
Solution? Buy a contoured razor with matching blades. lol
Technique? Not a clue. I'll be interested in what others say though.
I never have problems with my chin, but I agree is an area where sometimes doesnt matter what direction you shave or what skin pulling or funny face making I do, just doesn't seem to get a close shave, so on those days I just live it alone, it doesnt seem to make a difference on how it looks, just feels a bit rougher compared to BBS everywhere else.

As for getting nicks, only on my lower neck, and thats if I am being stupid and shave too fast!

I have a mustache, so I do not shave my upper lip.

My weepers/nicks occur on the chin and the base of my neck (around or below the Adam's apple).

The right side of my chin is my worst area. When I was a kid, I ducked under the water in a public pool. It was the very shallow children's pool - about 18 inches deep. Another kid jumped in and landed on my head. I ended up with a really nice scar on my chin's right side. It nicks very easily when shaving. Other than that, it's my neck in the Adam apple area.

Top Bottom