What's new

Are you REQUIRED to shave every day for your job?

I'm a corporate pilot and I shave before every flight. We allow mustaches or neatly groomed goatees as long as our O2 masks will seal properly. I look stupid with a 'stache and can't shave straight (or have a crooked face) so I opt for clean shaven.

Yup, the private EMS company I work for requires us to be clean shaven. That is actually the reason I switched to a de. After a month or so of shredding my face with a mach 3, I decided that there has to be a better way. I sported a beard before the career change simply out of hatred for shaving.

Yup, the private EMS company I work for requires us to be clean shaven. That is actually the reason I switched to a de. After a month or so of shredding my face with a mach 3, I decided that there has to be a better way. I sported a beard before the career change simply out of hatred for shaving.

Hmmm... Private EMS in Illinois... That would about have to be Rural Metro or AMR, am I right? One of my jobs is with Midwest Medical Transport in Nebraska. Oddly, they don't require us to be clean-shaven, or they are so lax about it that I've never heard anything. Good to meet another private ambulance jockey!

I am an Outside Sales Representative for a company in the textiles industry (uniforms and such) and we are not allowed to have beards or a mustache past the corners of the mouth. I don't wear a mustache anyway as I don't care for them, other than handlebar mustaches, but my facial hair is pretty thin right in the handlebar area anyway, so I don't know it would be a good idea to even try growing one. I prefer to stay clean shaven, though.

I have a Civilian job on a military base. My agency does have appearance standards, and we are supposed to be neatly groomed on a daily basis. Beards and moustaches are allowed, but must be maintained to present a good appearance.

This is pretty much how our department policy reads. As a small rural department with a Sheriff that like to sport differing facial hair depending on his moods, I can get away with shaving every other day or so. Any more than that and I have to tidy it up and say I'm growing a beard because I have a fierce neckbeard. :)

I'm a high school teacher. I don't believe its a requirement that I be clean shaven, but if I am not actively sporting a beard, I​ think it is important that I be clean shaven and set a good example for my students.

No. I'm retired. But, I still shave everyday anyway because I like shaving, I like putting on A/S, and I like the feel of being clean shaven. When I was a teacher in the Florida public school system, our contract stated that teachers must maintain a professional appearance. That was often open to broad interpretation. But, even then I still shaved everyday for the previously stated reasons, though many of my male co-workers did not.
cottontop

Last edited:
Military, required to be clean shaven. So on weekends and on leave I don't shave if I don't have anything planned. Even with wetshaving, the occasional break is nice!

I am not required to shave every day, but I should look "clean shaven". So like, I guess that means that technically every day is good (and many people do). Personally I skip days here and there, but I wouldn't go more than a day without a shave. I still look respectable the second day, as long as I make sure to do an extra good bbs shave the day before.

I own my business & I shave everyday & also wear a suit. I had a customer ask why since I owned the company why did I wear a suit. My reply was it give the impression I know what I am doing. Appearance does make a difference if you are making sales calls. First impressions do still mean a lot.

I'm in the Air Force, active duty, every day I put the uniform on I have to shave. So, five times a week minimum for me.

I'm in the military. Been clean shaven almost every day for over 25 years, with the exception of my "long weekend/vacation goatee" that I get to sport now and then.

I'm an attorney but I also run my own firm so I shave as needed or wanted. I always shave if I am going to court or meeting with anybody that day. Otherwise I usually do not.

In the past I worked for a business where it was rare for somebody, other than me, to show up unshaven. One day my boss made a comment. I told him how painful it was to shave (with cartridge) and how bad the razor burn would look if I shaved daily. That was the end of the conversation but I also knew if I had wanted to advance any further in the company than I already had it would require a daily shave. Fortunately I had no interest in advancing.

Top Bottom