What's new

Are you prepared for the possible end?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence

I think this will really hurt those of us that enjoy the hefty discounts offered with bulk purchases. Im lucky, in that I have a few good tobacco stores locally. Those that arent so fortunate are really going to hurt if this passes. I believe it will be a bit of a hurdle to pass something this strict, but in this day and age who knows?

Im not really sure what I would stock up on in a crisis. I do enjoy some Sutliff Vanilla Custard, and at $1.68/oz compared to the $3.50 at my local store, I think i would immediately make that purchase. I think I would throw in a few pounds of MATCH Revelation as well.

Wanna see what you all think about this, and what you would jump in on immediately.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I would horde A VaPer, VaBur and an English.

So, Escudo, Chatham Manor and Proper English and I think I would be good for life. Maybe Nightcap also. I already have a pretty good head start on those four, plus a few cigar brands I keep handy.

Just more absolute garbage that will accomplish nothing save to allow a "black market" to flourish. the same is true of Canada's impending "plain packaging" regs for cigars. Easy enough for fakes to be passed off now, it's only going to become easier for the crooks when this comes into effect next year.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
On a side note. I was talking with one of my shops employees. He was estimating that a person would need 72lbs of tobacco if they were in their late thirties and early forties to see them through a long life of three bowls a day. I’m not really sure how he came to that number. I though stocking up in 10lbs of one flavor was more than adequate since I still smoke my cigars, and they will still be available.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have been hoarding over the past 3 years so I’m ready for whatever the nitwits come up with in Washington.

I think the average bowl is 5 grams, so you can extrapolate how much you need from that.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, so I'm not terribly worried. I'm in my mid 60's and have roughly 45+ lbs cellered.I will have trouble consuming all of that as I am only an occasional smoker.

Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, so I'm not terribly worried. I'm in my mid 60's and have roughly 45+ lbs cellered.I will have trouble consuming all of that as I am only an occasional smoker.

1573867076776.gif

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I get the feeling it’s a bit different this time. Anyways they aren’t outlawing the sale of tobacco, just the state-tax-free-method we have now.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Not to talk politics, but I think this Bill has zero chance of becoming law.

I already have a mountain of tobacco, but would not be making any arrangements even if I did not.

I have been hoarding over the past 3 years so I’m ready for whatever the nitwits come up with in Washington.

I think the average bowl is 5 grams, so you can extrapolate how much you need from that.
5g is a lot of tobacco, almost .17 oz. 2.8g or .10 oz is probably more reasonable, unless of course you are smoking huge pipes. my 68+ lbs should last 21+ years at 2 bowls/day 5days/week.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
5g is a lot of tobacco, almost .17 oz. 2.8g or .10 oz is probably more reasonable, unless of course you are smoking huge pipes. my 68+ lbs should last 21+ years at 2 bowls/day 5days/week.

That’s comforting as that doubles my expected longevity of my cellar!

06F8FC06-D946-4093-BF09-1C7AFA7A8E4E.jpeg

Well, I thought that I was pretty much set but then I started thinking.

What if I start smoking more often? What if my son smokes a pipe when he’s older? What if my favourites are discontinued?

I’d better get some more and try to avoid thinking about ‘What if my wife finds out how much tobacco I have?’

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Very enviable labels on your collection.

I'm starting to have some with a tiny bit of age . . . really tiny. I'm hoping at some point to have a supply of 3 or 4 year old. I doubt I'll get to a point that I get older than that but . . . who knows.

Very enviable labels on your collection.

I'm starting to have some with a tiny bit of age . . . really tiny. I'm hoping at some point to have a supply of 3 or 4 year old. I doubt I'll get to a point that I get older than that but . . . who knows.
The labels are just the Avery white glossy circle labels sold at Staples. You just download Avery’s template and copy/paste some images from the internet. Even I can do it.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

Having done a few slow smoke competitions where the tobacco is weighed out, I can confirm most holes are probably 2-3 grams unless particularly large

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I missing something here? So on the slim chance that this passes, does this mean that briar pipes would not be able to be sold online in the USA? The FDA in their infinite wisdom saw fit to make the briar pipe a tobacco product.

If this is the case, Smoking Pipes has lost their business. At least in the US.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Am I missing something here? So on the slim chance that this passes, does this mean that briar pipes would not be able to be sold online in the USA? The FDA in their infinite wisdom saw fit to make the briar pipe a tobacco product.

If this is the case, Smoking Pipes has lost their business. At least in the US.

The ability to sell online would be gone from what I read. So perhaps if they did a storefront and perhaps advertise online what is available. It really is madness.

Top Bottom