What's new

Are You Mocked For Your Shaving Choice and Hobby?

...but seriously: I try to be an ambassador. I've offered razors, soaps and brushes to every male member of my family who has visited, and commented on my display of razors in our guest bathroom.
I, too, have tried to be an ambassador. My brother is the only one who's expressed even the faintest interest in it, particularly the vintage razors. So I sent him links to three vintage Gillettes that were all modestly priced.
His response?
Crickets. 😂

I don't really talk about it with anyone, so my wife is really the only one aware.

If someone happened to notice any of my gear and initiated a conversion, I'd be happy to talk about it more, but I'm assuming most people would have little to no interest.
Obviously, you assume correctly. 😂

I have found one person in the flesh that also uses wet shaving
At a family gathering I mentioned to a cousin I had a hobby no one cared about, wet shaving. He yelled to his wife “Dickens.” She rolled her eyes. ( B&M seasonal Dickens soap)
We discussed razors, soap vs creams and blades.

I, too, have tried to be an ambassador. My brother is the only one who's expressed even the faintest interest in it, particularly the vintage razors. So I sent him links to three vintage Gillettes that were all modestly priced.
His response?
Crickets. 😂

I gave my brother my Merkur 34c with several tucks of assorted blades and some Stirling soap samples. He said he already had a brush. Not sure if he's even tried using it yet.

...but seriously: I try to be an ambassador. I've offered razors, soaps and brushes to every male member of my family who has visited, and commented on my display of razors in our guest bathroom.

I've asked my wife repeatedly if she wants to try a DE on her legs. I figure it's better (and easier) if she's an accomplice. So far, she doesn't seem interested, so I bribe her with shoes and purses.
While my wife fortunately supports my shaving pursuits, she finally tried a DE shave for the first time and was completely shocked with how comfortable and efficient the razor was.

I also have placed my young nephew on the right track with a starter kit. He now seems to be growing his soap collection and was planning to use a 3D printer to produce a shave bowl.

No one I know cares in the least. Of course, they'd get the same treatment from me if they starting talking about their favorite sports team, fishing gear, or the differences in various wine. Polite acknowledgement and change of conversation is what I'd expect and what I'd give.
That’s about how it go’s for me as well.

Only got 1 person to switch over and he just switched to DE razors is all. Didn’t care about the soaps and brushes.

Top Bottom