What's new

Are you grating Fine’s OG soap?

I recently started using Fine’s original soap formula. I know it’s discontinue. I really like it, but the puck is smaller than the case and therefore moves around and need to remove it to get all my lather (I load on the puck and face lather).

I read that people often grate soaps in this situation, pressing them back in the containers create a soap that’s now fully flush with type container. Are people doing this with Fine? Is this the answer? Are there alternatives? Does this make a triple milled soap more likely to dissipate sooner?

My Fine soap seems to fill the container. The Fine container is on the smaller side, so I just use a smaller brush when I use this soap.

PXL_20210223_143100804.jpg

My Fine soaps don't quite fit the container perfectly but they are close enough that I don't bother grating them. One thing that helps me is to put a few drops of hot water on top of the soap before I get in the shower. That blooms the soap and makes it much easier and faster for me to pick up some soap on the tips of the brush before bowl lathering.

I'd almost be worried that the Fine soaps are too hard to press back into the bowl very well, but then I've never tried it so I don't know.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I had an SV soap get "oxidized," I guess. Started turning darker, so I grated that (dollar store has graters, don't use wife's!) and kept it in two airtite plastics.

AA

You just need to "adhere" the soap puck to the container so it won't move around. To do this, remove the soap from the container, turn it over and put a thin film of warm water on the soap. Let it rest for a couple minutes. Then, turn the soap over, insert the soap back into the container, press it down firmly, and let it dry with the lid off. Now, the soap should not move around.

If I ever put mine in a container that was too large, I might shave off a few pieces and then put those around in the gap just to keep the puck still until a few uses causes water to get around there and cement everything down.

(Sent from mobile)

I grate it so I can use the slivers instead of loading in the tub.
Also nice if you want to blend with other soaps

Nah I just swirl the bejesus out of it from the container. Moves a little bit no big deal
Do this too, but I get globs of really dense cream that go down the sides - enough for a full, final pass - so I end up taking out the puck and digging around with my fingers.

if I just left that cream there, would it degrade? Or will it still contribute to a good lather down the road? If so, I won’t worry about it a all. But my gut tells me once you’ve lathered it up, you need to use it or lose it.

Do this too, but I get globs of really dense cream that go down the sides - enough for a full, final pass - so I end up taking out the puck and digging around with my fingers.

if I just left that cream there, would it degrade? Or will it still contribute to a good lather down the road? If so, I won’t worry about it a all. But my gut tells me once you’ve lathered it up, you need to use it or lose it.
It is nicer to rinse off the soap and then leave the lid off to dry for a few hours. You can leave the lather it will just dry out and turn into soap dust plus whatever was in the lather.

You can leave any suds you want in there doesn't do any harm. it just dries out and will be used the next time you whip up a lather.

(Sent from mobile)

You just need to "adhere" the soap puck to the container so it won't move around. To do this, remove the soap from the container, turn it over and put a thin film of warm water on the soap. Let it rest for a couple minutes. Then, turn the soap over, insert the soap back into the container, press it down firmly, and let it dry with the lid off. Now, the soap should not move around.

+1! Works like a charm for me also!! :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom