What's new

Are you going to shave your facial hair now.....

I shaved my winter beard a few weeks ago, but only because it was getting warm out and I was tired of it.

Not because of the virus, but because I just got over it and having had it for so long, I haven’t shaved for five weeks or more. Now that I’m feeling better, I’ve been working on regaining my strength. When range of motion and strength improve some, I‘ll clipper my scalp, cheeks, and neck down and hit it with a kami for ease of control due to pain in A shoulder joint still.

Some odd bits from older hospital staff and patient studies...

Beards can carry greater amounts of beneficial bacteria which kill off bad bacteria. In comtrast to the bearded, shaved faces were found to carry an abundance of bad bacteria in proportion to the good bacteria.
In-hospital studies have proved that out in multiple places.
Well for some reason if you happen to work in the OR you must either: shave it, wear a big claustrophobic head and face cover or even a special space suit if you are operating on spines or joints) . So there is NOTHING clean with beards.....

It always amuses me when I go to the grocery store and see the male butchers or deli workers who have a beard have a net covering over their facial hair. I know the FDA regs state "...food employees shall wear hair restraints such as hats, hair coverings or nets, beard restraints, and clothing that covers body hair, that are designed to effectively keep hair from contacting exposed food; clean equipment, utensils, and linens; and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles. "

That's exactly my thoughts. Love the Data GIF!

I think the point is that the primary route for Covid-19 to enter the body is through the mucous membranes of the mouth, nasal passages and eyes. That is why we are hearing so many warnings about the danger of touching your face. No body has said that scratching your head poses a risk.

I think the point is that the primary route for Covid-19 to enter the body is through the mucous membranes of the mouth, nasal passages and eyes. That is why we are hearing so many warnings about the danger of touching your face. No body has said that scratching your head poses a risk.

Lots of women and some men have hair that is long enough to touch there eyes, nose, and, mouth. Mine was back in my late teens and early twenties. I see very little difference between that and some hair on your face. But if makes you feel safer shave it.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
ive had a beard for a year now, and am going to need to shave for work. Im a bit sad, as i receive a lot of compliments on the beard, and I enjoy the look. But, i have missed the whole ritual of shaving. Perhaps once this health scare is over, ill start on another beard.

I have a handlebar moustache. I admit I do find it hard to not touch my moustache at least a hundred times a day. Sort of goes against the advice to not touch my face. Still, I am keeping the 'stache. I should get batter at taking out my comb and using that instead of my fingers.

IMG_1725.jpg

Till the Corolla came and he had to chop it for work.........

I shaved off my entire beard which was a few inches long and pretty full with the Muhle R41. The reason was a mixture of comfort, aswell as cause I was bored and wanted to see what face Shaving is like. (Dome shaver). I've had a beard most of the time for the last 7 years and only shaved it occasionally and always regretted it but now I'm actually getting used to being clean shaven and like it. I do want my beard back in the near future though.

I work maintenance in a level one trauma center. We were not told we have to shave. We were told we have to wear a mask at all times. Clean shaven makes that easier
before and after photos
By the way I chose to work in healthcare so it is part of the job
FB_IMG_1587914248162.jpg20200426_104120.jpg

Top Bottom