What's new

Are you a vegan wet-shaver? What are your vegan products?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I just ordered some Pre de Provence #63 and thought of you, mon ami!

This might work for you. It is French, well-priced, non-tallow and it is supposed to smell great. I tried the original years and years ago and remember it being a very good soap.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not a Vegan based wet shaver. I like my tallow based soaps too much. LOTH and I do our bit for the world in other ways such as recycling and re using containers etc that otherwise would go into landfill. I do respect your decision to go down the road that you are going as it is your choice and you are not hurting anyone or anything with your choice.

I think it's a noble pursuit to try and limit your support of animal cruelty. PAA and Grooming Dept are both exceptional vegan soaps I've tried that I would rate up there with some of my Tallows. Let us know how you get on :D

Dear members,
recently my consciousness has converted my lifestyle to follow vegan ethics.
I 'm still in the search for identifying vegan shaving products.
While choosing a synthetic brush is easy, cosmetic products are full of hidden animal-based material. Even when the ingredient-list seems plant-based, nothing is mentioned about animal testing. That´s why I like to rely on vegan logos such as those ones for example:
View attachment 954822 View attachment 954834
I just bought a shaving soap from Speick (Active), which is not bad, but lacks a bit of slickness.
Maca Root from the Body-Shop is a good performer, but I'm not a fan from the scent.

Do you know any good vegan shaving products?
Thanks for sharing!
Pacific Shaving Co. "Natural" would qualify as a vegan shaving cream. The shaving cream stands with the best of the best.

I follow the principles of Vegetarian for the health benefits. I'm not perfect in my pursuit. A short time on a Vegan diet will help anyone feel better. My medical conditions were reversed/stopped after one month on the vegan diet. My doctor recommended this book as a guide. It worked!!!!

HOW NOT TO DIE, an instant New York Times Best Seller | NutritionFacts.org

Pacific Shaving Co. "Natural" would qualify as a vegan shaving cream. The shaving cream stands with the best of the best.

I follow the principles of Vegetarian for the health benefits. I'm not perfect in my pursuit. A short time on a Vegan diet will help anyone feel better. My medical conditions were reversed/stopped after one month on the vegan diet. My doctor recommended this book as a guide. It worked!!!!

Vegetarian and vegan aren't the same thing

Vegetarian and vegan aren't the same thing
Yes, I know, but they eat the same food. When getting a vegetable based started the difference isn't worth the discussion. One thing you will learn fast is that the world has a boatload of excuses not to eat a vegetable based diet. A vegetable based diet does work.

Veganism has a lot of crazy rules. When you understand the theory and application they don’t seem so crazy. Most of the vegan rules are general methods to determine nutritional value of foods. The vegan rules should be used as start to understanding a food. The nutritional values and RDA are still gospel.

Yes, I know, but they eat the same food. When getting a vegetable based started the difference isn't worth the discussion. One thing you will learn fast is that the world has a boatload of excuses not to eat a vegetable based diet. A vegetable based diet does work.

Veganism has a lot of crazy rules. When you understand the theory and application they don’t seem so crazy. Most of the vegan rules are general methods to determine nutritional value of foods. The vegan rules should be used as start to understanding a food. The nutritional values and RDA are still gospel.
Most of vegan rules have to do with not using animal products, at all! No dairy or eggs, leather, boar hair or shaving brushes, nothing tested on animals. I don't know if medicine teste don animals is used or not.

M

member 119848

Thank you, @MM879 I didn't know this company but I will definitely bookmark it. As far as aftershaves, I'm very satisfied with Speick, but the scent of Maca Root the cream motivates me to pursue a new soap/cream... It's not bad, just as boring as a L'Oreal product.
I live in the E.U. so I always think twice before importing shaving products from the U.S. But if the products are outstanding I'm willing to pay the extra fees.
Interesting book. The content of the title doesn't surprise me. You may also check out Dr. Ellsworth Wareham on youtube. A vegan surgeon that has been practicing heart surgurgy until he was 95. :001_smile

Thank you, @MM879 I didn't know this company but I will definitely bookmark it. As far as aftershaves, I'm very satisfied with Speick, but the scent of Maca Root the cream motivates me to pursue a new soap/cream... It's not bad, just as boring as a L'Oreal product.
I live in the E.U. so I always think twice before importing shaving products from the U.S. But if the products are outstanding I'm willing to pay the extra fees.
Interesting book. The content of the title doesn't surprise me. You may also check out Dr. Ellsworth Wareham on youtube. A vegan surgeon that has been practicing heart surgurgy until he was 95. :001_smile

Yes, Dr. Greger is a UK Doctor. His book and my Doctor were inspirational to me. I lost 79lbs in one year following his instruction. Dr. Greger will not use the "V word” because it is too controversial. He believes in the vegetable based diet. Not one bad word was said in his book about vegan or vegetarian diets.

M

member 119848

Dr. Greger will not use the "V word” because it is too controversial
Now I understand why...
My motivation is ethic-driven, but the more I'm digging into the subject, the more I discover how healthy such a diet is.

Most of vegan rules have to do with not using animal products, at all! No dairy or eggs, leather, boar hair or shaving brushes, nothing tested on animals. I don't know if medicine teste don animals is used or not.
Now I understand why...
My motivation is ethic-driven, but the more I'm digging into the subject, the more I discover how healthy such a diet is.
It is a beautiful thing when ethics and medicine align.

It is a beautiful thing when ethics and medicine align.
well done on improving your health. I see there are some benefits to reducing meat, we probably eat far too much of it in the west. its good to hear that your dr is keeping an eye on things because i know that some vegans can develop deficiencies.

Last edited:
My ethics and medicine align too.

Pass the meat :)

candiedbacon.jpg

beer and bacon coming your way sir :drool: :o16:

M

member 119848

Ok,
I have tried Speick Active for the last 2 weeks, and I 'm a bit disapointed to see how fast this croap has been used up already.
990E27C4-36F1-4090-AAA0-84A6DE997425.jpeg
One week more of usuage and it´s gone.
Now I understand how a hard soap like Martin de Candres, can really be worth it. This will be my next soap purchase.
The Speick aftershave is excellent, not only100% plant based, but provides a reaaly nice aftershave feel !!!

M

member 119848

I just ordered some Pre de Provence #63 and thought of you, mon ami!

This might work for you. It is French, well-priced, non-tallow and it is supposed to smell great. I tried the original years and years ago and remember it being a very good soap.
just discovered your post right now, l'ami :001_smile
Let us know how you like it PLEASE ;)

Pacific Shaving Company makes two creams, both of which are vegan, and both of which work very well -- Natural and Caffeinated. I really like the fragrance, and I do use the Natural sometimes, but it doesn't lather very well, if that's important to you. The Caffeinated, on the other hand, lathers very well and has a spearmint fragrance. Pacific Shaving Company is one of the very few creams that we can get off the shelf here in the US.

I would second the recommendation for Pre de Provence. I'm using the #63 right now, but I also have a puck of the original and I like them both.

Top Bottom