What's new

Are we alone?

I can’t quite remember whether Calvin or Hobbes said it (Bill Watterson wrote it) but I always liked the line, “The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

I may not have quoted that perfectly, but you get the gist.

I can’t quite remember whether Calvin or Hobbes said it (Bill Watterson wrote it) but I always liked the line, “The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”

Haha...I agree. That is similar to Groucho Marx's line about "not wanting to join any club that would have me as a member". :)

I wonder about these short radio bursts they have been picking up recently from outer space. I generally wear a tin foil hat...so I didn't pick these signals up myself this time, but you have to wonder who or what sent those. :blushing:

Dunno. I am not clever enough for this sort of thing. Heck, still trying to figure out what to have for dinner. But heard something yesterday bout a new Space Force. Maybe they can tell us. Meanwhile, pork or chicken??

:)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Nice.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I came across a Youtube video of a 60 minutes episode about Robert Bigelow. Founder and CEO of Bigelow Aerospace and NASA contractor.

He said that we dont need to look into space to find ET's because they're already here.

This has been on my mind lately so I did some looking and watched a video about Bob Lazar who made headlines in the 1980's. I remember him on different shows through the 80's and 90's. He talked about Element 115 and how it was being used by ET's as an energy source for an anti matter warp drive. That was almost 20 years before Element 115 was synthesized and they're now using newer previously unknown elements.

Hunt for element 119 to begin

His interview starts about 18 minutes into the below video.

There are a lot of new declassified videos, some even released by the DoD and the US Navy on UFO's.

Declassified video shows U.S. Navy jet encounter with UFO

I've seen it said many times that this type of information is released in stages over many years so that the public becomes aware and accepting at a gradual pace. Social conditioning is real.

Paul Hellyer, the former Canadian Minister of Defense has repeatedly said we're not alone and that world governments are working with ET's.

Canada's ex-defense minister: Aliens would give us more tech if we'd stop wars

I dont believe we're alone, but I havent seen one yet...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dunno. I am not clever enough for this sort of thing. Heck, still trying to figure out what to have for dinner. But heard something yesterday bout a new Space Force. Maybe they can tell us. Meanwhile, pork or chicken??

:)
Space Force- soon to be another military agency where billions of dollars disappear to.

If there is a view that aliens exist, then the next big question is -- do they shave? And if so, is it a DE, SE or SR? Or do they use an electric or cartridge system? This will give us a comparison point in terms of their evolution. And if they have bricks and mortar shaving stores on every street corner back home, then we will know they are an advanced civilization.

There have been several major extinction events in Earth's lifetime before we came along. Our form of intelligent life may not have evolved if any one of them didn't happen. This means even given life exists in some place the odds of intelligent life coming along is still pretty small. If it follows that there are very few intelligent life forms in our galaxy they may indeed be too far away for us to be able to detect their emissions. Forget about communicating with civilizations from other galaxies. They are simply too far away.

The point of all this is that given the number of stars in the universe, despite the odds, intelligent life may have arisen in a few places. The problem is that we may never know about it.

Top Bottom