What's new

Are washing instructions / water temperatures relative to your geographic location?

So, Mack Weldon says for his underwear, "Wash in cold water." It shipped from a small town in Mass. which has 4 seasons, i.e. it snows there, and pipes can freeze. So, the cold water is much colder there than it is here.

And how do I find out how cold our water is? Is that temperature considered "cold enough" to be cold water?

I ask the question because of this video I watched on YT yesterday...All you have to watch is the first 30 some odd seconds of the video, and that's what got me thinking, about all this.

The last thing I want is for these to shrink, because of improper washing...

Thanks for the help

Duggo

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So, Mack Weldon says for his underwear, "Wash in cold water." It shipped from a small town in Mass. which has 4 seasons, i.e. it snows there, and pipes can freeze. So, the cold water is much colder there than it is here.

Ah, but it's only much colder ... in the winter. Not in the summer. Now, it Mack Weldon labelled his underwear with 4 separate washing instructions for the four seasons you might be on to something but otherwise ... nah.

I think the point of "wash in cold water" instructions is basically to make sure you avoid washing in hot or warm water.

Top Bottom