What's new

Are those blade gaps uneven?

Hey, I have just bought a Parker 87R. It has a very good loking, as many people mention, a clone of Gillette Aristocrat. It gave me a really close shave with Gillette Nacet, but I am not sure if those gaps are uneven or not. And would it be a problem if so? Thank you for your concern everyone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 88

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It looks very pretty, just one too many sharp edges for this section of B&B.

As this was your first post in B&B, I'll explain. This the straight razor section of B&B. Straight Razors are sometimes referred to as cut-throat razors. Your razor is a double-edge (DE) safety razor. There are other sections of B&B that handle DE razors. Try posting again in the other section.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B.
Hey, I have just bought a Parker 87R. It has a very good loking, as many people mention, a clone of Gillette Aristocrat. It gave me a really close shave with Gillette Nacet, but I am not sure if those gaps are uneven or not. And would it be a problem if so? Thank you for your concern everyone.
I always wanted one of those but, going back ~5 years, someone dissuaded me saying quality control was not good. They certainly have pulled their socks up since on the QC.
I don't see anything wrong with the blade gap but if you want accuracy, checking with a spark plug gap feeler gauge would be the cheapest option. It looks pretty good to me and if it shaves well you have got a great razor. Certainly the correct edges for this section too. :thumbup1:
What were you concerned about?
Tiff1ab.jpg
Tiff2ab.jpg

@rbscebu Thank you for warning me, there won't be anything like that next time. And thank you for your compliments on my new safety razor :)

@Invicta yeah, exactly this was the thing that i was concerned about. Because when i was not even a member of B&B, I surfed on site a bit and read comments about this machine that I have in hand now. So, basically people were saying that you have to be lucky to get a Parker 87R without defect. I felt like in the second picture everything seems ok but in first picture when i take look at the left side, it seemed like slopes to up. Oh, by the way I have to add that I find this razor to be agressiver than DE89, and that was suprising because everyone was talking about how mild the machine is. I don't know if its about my angle being wrong or something like that but I saw 2-3 times that the combination of Parker87R and Gillette Nacet pulled my beard. It wasn't always like this, but had to add.

@Scaramouche Thank you, When I look at first picture I felt like left side of machine slopes to up, but I don't know, It is just me I think :)

@Dr_Harshit_Joshi Hello, thank you for your comment. This is a very good one of Parker. You can get close shave in 2 pass with adjustments or without. But I have to add that, I really can't describe this machine as mild, I find that It's agressiver than EJ DE89. Before I bought this, I knew that many people have considered this one as the mild one. But I did a combination of Parker87R and Gillette Nacet and I saw that at times it pulled my beard. It was not always like this but wanted to say.

Welcome 😊
And congrats on a very good looking razor.
I read somewhere, sharpologists site I think, that all Parker TTO's have the same head.
If that's true I guess you have a pretty mild and smooth shaver 😊
I bought two Parker 29L, one for the wife and one for the daughter, and I have tried them on my face.
A bit too mild for my 57 year old hard and grey beard.
But the ladies of the house are very satisfied with them 😊

Welcome 😊
And congrats on a very good looking razor.
I read somewhere, sharpologists site I think, that all Parker TTO's have the same head.
If that's true I guess you have a pretty mild and smooth shaver 😊
I bought two Parker 29L, one for the wife and one for the daughter, and I have tried them on my face.
A bit too mild for my 57 year old hard and grey beard.
But the ladies of the house are very satisfied with them 😊
Thank you for your message. I have to say that I feel very great to have a Parker 87R, i don't regret it, but when i do a comparison between a classic EJ DE89 and Parker 87R i feel like Parker 87R is more agressive than DE89. I think both machines require different angles. After my shave with DE89 (btw, I have to say that I am used to this lovely machine) when I apply alum, I don't feel anything, but after a shave with my new Parker, I feel the burn, not everywhere on my face tho, but on some points. If you have some tips about Parker 87R, I'd absolutely like to hear them. Thank you.

@TiffanyGT
Maybe I was wrong when I said all Parker TTO's have the same head?
I have been reading some reviews of the 87r and it seems it is a bit more aggressive than 29L.
I sure would like to try it but I don't know where to buy it I Europe, not all vendors ship to Sweden.

@TiffanyGT
Maybe I was wrong when I said all Parker TTO's have the same head?
I have been reading some reviews of the 87r and it seems it is a bit more aggressive than 29L.
I sure would like to try it but I don't know where to buy it I Europe, not all vendors ship to Sweden.
Thank you for your comment! :) About head of all Parker TTO's I don't have any knowledge because it is my first Parker one. But you are probably right, because majority of people that have used Parker 87R described it as a "mild machine". To be honest this was the reason that I bought this machine, because I wanted that mildness. But when I did my first shave with it, I was really surprised, I don't know if it was because of my combination with Gillette Nacet, but it felt really agressive. At least more agressive than my shaves with EJ DE89.

You are correct. They are more aggressive than an 89. The 87r is one of my favorite razors. Used mine yesterday with an Asta SP. The 87r is a great razor for the price.

Top Bottom