What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Are those blade gaps uneven?

Hey, I have just bought a Parker 87R. It has a very good loking, as many people mention, a clone of Gillette Aristocrat. It gave me a really close shave with Gillette Nacet, but I am not sure if those gaps are uneven or not. And would it be a problem if so? Thank you for your concern everyone.

Attachments

It looks very pretty, just one too many sharp edges for this section of B&B.

As this was your first post in B&B, I'll explain. This the straight razor section of B&B. Straight Razors are sometimes referred to as cut-throat razors. Your razor is a double-edge (DE) safety razor. There are other sections of B&B that handle DE razors. Try posting again in the other section.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B.
Hey, I have just bought a Parker 87R. It has a very good loking, as many people mention, a clone of Gillette Aristocrat. It gave me a really close shave with Gillette Nacet, but I am not sure if those gaps are uneven or not. And would it be a problem if so? Thank you for your concern everyone.
I always wanted one of those but, going back ~5 years, someone dissuaded me saying quality control was not good. They certainly have pulled their socks up since on the QC.
I don't see anything wrong with the blade gap but if you want accuracy, checking with a spark plug gap feeler gauge would be the cheapest option. It looks pretty good to me and if it shaves well you have got a great razor. Certainly the correct edges for this section too. :thumbup1:
What were you concerned about?
Tiff1ab.jpg Tiff2ab.jpg

@rbscebu Thank you for warning me, there won't be anything like that next time. And thank you for your compliments on my new safety razor :)

@Invicta yeah, exactly this was the thing that i was concerned about. Because when i was not even a member of B&B, I surfed on site a bit and read comments about this machine that I have in hand now. So, basically people were saying that you have to be lucky to get a Parker 87R without defect. I felt like in the second picture everything seems ok but in first picture when i take look at the left side, it seemed like slopes to up. Oh, by the way I have to add that I find this razor to be agressiver than DE89, and that was suprising because everyone was talking about how mild the machine is. I don't know if its about my angle being wrong or something like that but I saw 2-3 times that the combination of Parker87R and Gillette Nacet pulled my beard. It wasn't always like this, but had to add.

@Scaramouche Thank you, When I look at first picture I felt like left side of machine slopes to up, but I don't know, It is just me I think :)

@Dr_Harshit_Joshi Hello, thank you for your comment. This is a very good one of Parker. You can get close shave in 2 pass with adjustments or without. But I have to add that, I really can't describe this machine as mild, I find that It's agressiver than EJ DE89. Before I bought this, I knew that many people have considered this one as the mild one. But I did a combination of Parker87R and Gillette Nacet and I saw that at times it pulled my beard. It was not always like this but wanted to say.

Welcome 😊
And congrats on a very good looking razor.
I read somewhere, sharpologists site I think, that all Parker TTO's have the same head.
If that's true I guess you have a pretty mild and smooth shaver 😊
I bought two Parker 29L, one for the wife and one for the daughter, and I have tried them on my face.
A bit too mild for my 57 year old hard and grey beard.
But the ladies of the house are very satisfied with them 😊

Welcome 😊
And congrats on a very good looking razor.
I read somewhere, sharpologists site I think, that all Parker TTO's have the same head.
If that's true I guess you have a pretty mild and smooth shaver 😊
I bought two Parker 29L, one for the wife and one for the daughter, and I have tried them on my face.
A bit too mild for my 57 year old hard and grey beard.
But the ladies of the house are very satisfied with them 😊
Thank you for your message. I have to say that I feel very great to have a Parker 87R, i don't regret it, but when i do a comparison between a classic EJ DE89 and Parker 87R i feel like Parker 87R is more agressive than DE89. I think both machines require different angles. After my shave with DE89 (btw, I have to say that I am used to this lovely machine) when I apply alum, I don't feel anything, but after a shave with my new Parker, I feel the burn, not everywhere on my face tho, but on some points. If you have some tips about Parker 87R, I'd absolutely like to hear them. Thank you.

@TiffanyGT
Maybe I was wrong when I said all Parker TTO's have the same head?
I have been reading some reviews of the 87r and it seems it is a bit more aggressive than 29L.
I sure would like to try it but I don't know where to buy it I Europe, not all vendors ship to Sweden.

@TiffanyGT
Maybe I was wrong when I said all Parker TTO's have the same head?
I have been reading some reviews of the 87r and it seems it is a bit more aggressive than 29L.
I sure would like to try it but I don't know where to buy it I Europe, not all vendors ship to Sweden.
Thank you for your comment! :) About head of all Parker TTO's I don't have any knowledge because it is my first Parker one. But you are probably right, because majority of people that have used Parker 87R described it as a "mild machine". To be honest this was the reason that I bought this machine, because I wanted that mildness. But when I did my first shave with it, I was really surprised, I don't know if it was because of my combination with Gillette Nacet, but it felt really agressive. At least more agressive than my shaves with EJ DE89.