What's new

Are these rebranded blades?

I bought a pack of Care One store branded blades at my local Giant Foods for $2/10. Not the best price, but not too bad. Anyways, I just used one today, and it blows my Derby Extras that I had been using out of the water. Today was my best shave yet.

So here is my question for you folks. Are these Care One generic blades, a rebrand of something else? $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387472318.444783.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387472332.832400.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387472386.027444.jpg

There are no markings other than 'made in USA' and 'B3'. I also really like the dispenser dealybob. Very handy.

Yes, those are made by ASR/Personna and labeled for different stores. They are often wildly overpriced, but $2 for 10 is pretty reasonable. Despite the label I am fairly sure that they have a PTFE coating.

If you like them, you might try other Personna blades. Folks often buy them 100 at a time, packaged in bulk wrappers instead of the dispenser.

I do really like them. They seem to be a lot smoother/less tug than my derbys. Also no burn today on my neck. That's a good thing as it tends to be a bit tricky in places.

I'm happy with them, I'm sure I'll try others, but these look to be a good daily driver blade. At least with this razor.

Dispensers/blades very similar or identical to that are sold by some of the vendors as "labs"

As I've been reading about all the Personna blades, I've been wondering if they really are labs or barbers instead. I also wonder if labs and barbers are the same thing, or, if ASR is moving toward making them to be the same to save manufacturing resources.

I seem to recall reading that some have noticed a big difference between "labs" and "barbers" but then again some find a difference between "labs" and "meds" and some don't find any difference so YMMV seems to make it difficult to find the real truth here.

Are you sure it wasn't 2 for $10? When I go to Giant, the 10 pack is around $4 to $5 Sorry, to be annoying. Glad you found a good blade. As noted early, you might want to make a bulk purchase.

I find the CVS blades to be hella expensive. It is the same pack/dispenser as the ones I have. Unless I just really need blades though, I'll get them elsewhere.

Those are what I call Personna Barbers. They are marked differently, and shave different from what is know as Blue Labs. You CAN get 100 Blue Labs at a great price, and 250 is a steal. Look around, there are a lot of threads on American Personnas...what I call "Personnas of the Mysteries."

I was finding those around $2.13 for "Hill Country Fare" branded ones at HEB (here in Texas). I wish I could find the Platinum Chrome ones they had as well. I believe the Krogers around here have started closing them out as I found some marked 2/$5.

I bought a pack of Care One store branded blades at my local Giant Foods for $2/10. Not the best price, but not too bad. Anyways, I just used one today, and it blows my Derby Extras that I had been using out of the water. Today was my best shave yet.

So here is my question for you folks. Are these Care One generic blades, a rebrand of something else?View attachment 394884View attachment 394885View attachment 394886

There are no markings other than 'made in USA' and 'B3'. I also really like the dispenser dealybob. Very handy.
They're made by American Safety Razor and seem to be generic Personna blades. They also make the same blades for Kroger. They are a fine blade and likely the only DE blade still being made here in USA anymore.

I recently picked up five 10-packs of "Personal Elements"-brand (SuperValu) private-label Personna (Comfort-Coated Platinum Chrome) DE blades at my local dollar store. Normally this store only has Personna Platinum Chrome 5-packs so this was definitely a find.

Thanks,
Mike

As mentioned earlier - the unmarked Personna blades in the white dispenser are Personna Barbers & often also sold as Lab Blues.
They are a very good blade imo.

Top Bottom