What's new

Are these Personna Labs?

I purchased 100 Personna Labs recently and have not had a good experience with them. Mostly, they don't seem smooth at all. At first I figured I was getting a few bad blades, but after using 7-8, I've given up on that theory. From what I've read on here, they are great blades. My favorite blade has always been the Israeli Red Personna, so I figured I would also like these.

I'm hoping I was sent the wrong blades. Any advice from the experts? Are these actually Personna Labs? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• $Labs.jpg
    $Labs.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 94
Yep... "labs" is a term used on the forum. They are saloon packed Personna super blue blades.

I get great shaves out of them.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

I guess I'll try one or two more, but I think these will become trade fodder. I'm bummed... I had high expectations based on the great reputation, but they do not agree with my face.

I must be very odd because I have rarely found a blade I don't like using. Derby, Merkur, Feather, black o'clocks.... Makes no difference.

Now I did try a box cutter blade in my SE one time and I can say for sure that I DID NOT LIKE using a box cutter blade to shave with :lol:

I must be very odd because I have rarely found a blade I don't like using. Derby, Merkur, Feather, black o'clocks.... Makes no difference.

Now I did try a box cutter blade in my SE one time and I can say for sure that I DID NOT LIKE using a box cutter blade to shave with :lol:

In all honesty, there have not been many blades I've tried that I thought were terrible (even some of the less reputable blades like Merkur or Dorco). These Labs just seem like they're a bit jagged and they skip a lot. I don't know if it's a bad batch, if it's some kind of weird interaction between blade and razor, or if it's a bad interaction between blade and face... either way, they haven't been good shaves.

Regarding the box cutter..... you are a brave man!

In all honesty, there have not been many blades I've tried that I thought were terrible (even some of the less reputable blades like Merkur or Dorco). These Labs just seem like they're a bit jagged and they skip a lot. I don't know if it's a bad batch, if it's some kind of weird interaction between blade and razor, or if it's a bad interaction between blade and face... either way, they haven't been good shaves.

I will say that I did have some "for hospital use" Personna super blues ("meds")that had viable edge damage. I was able to return them as they were obviously defective (pic below of one of the edges) so I know from first hand experience that, yes, there is such a thing as defective blades.

Regarding the box cutter..... you are a brave man!

What can I say. I had to find out so that I could warn others :lol:

proxy.php

Top Bottom