What's new

Are these legit?

Just ordered some perma-sharp from Amazon and got these
Did they change the name to stainless on the package?
Produced remember 2018
16010610314169050246338901141730.jpg

Thanks all. Was thinking I have to ration my old ones haha
I really like gillette started putting manufacture dates on the tucks (old news I guess but new to me)

The packaging was updated on a lot of the Saint Petersburg blades. They switched over to the laser etching process, too. The blades seem to perform similarly to the earlier ones.

The naming of some of the Gillete blades is almost as confusing as the naming of Personna blades.

The PermaSharp Stainless used to be called PermaSharp Super on the box, but PermaSharp Stainless on the blades. Now the blade and box match. These are some of the sharpest blades available along with Feather, BIC, Nacet and 7 O' Clock Super Platinum black.

The confusion comes because theire is also a 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless in the green package made in India. There is also a 7 O'Clock Super Stainless in green packaging made in Russia. The blades packaged in green boxes, whether Indian or Russian made are not nearly as sharp as the PermaSharp Stainless (formerly PermaSharp Super). I suspect Gillette intends these blades to be sold in different regions of the world where similar names do not generate so much confusion. However, in many places, all of the blades are available and confusion abounds.

The naming of some of the Gillete blades is almost as confusing as the naming of Personna blades.

The PermaSharp Stainless used to be called PermaSharp Super on the box, but PermaSharp Stainless on the blades. Now the blade and box match. These are some of the sharpest blades available along with Feather, BIC, Nacet and 7 O' Clock Super Platinum black.

The confusion comes because theire is also a 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless in the green package made in India. There is also a 7 O'Clock Super Stainless in green packaging made in Russia. The blades packaged in green boxes, whether Indian or Russian made are not nearly as sharp as the PermaSharp Stainless (formerly PermaSharp Super). I suspect Gillette intends these blades to be sold in different regions of the world where similar names do not generate so much confusion. However, in many places, all of the blades are available and confusion abounds.
A rose by any other name...Gillette seems to be the master at it.

I think you are exactly right about the distribution. I don't think the blades were ever meant to have worldwide sales so the names would just be regional and people who used them just wouldn't know any different.

Before so many shaving equipment websites popped up, the only way to get a lot these blades was on ebay from sellers in India or Russia.

Once I read something about those beeing similar to Wizamet and Polsilver. Anyone can tell me if that is correct?
I was told they are. Blades look identical down to writing.
Polsilver discontinued but wizamet iridium super are still made. I think they're the same thing.
Some have said wizamet are better.
I guess I'll see when I get mine

I was told they are. Blades look identical down to writing.
Polsilver discontinued but wizamet iridium super are still made. I think they're the same thing.
Some have said wizamet are better.
I guess I'll see when I get mine

Yup, there were even speculations that Polsilver and Wizamet are the same blade, just rebranded. Never used a Wizamet, because I used Polsilvers. But now price of Wizamets is just ridiculous and have no interest to even try them

Yup, there were even speculations that Polsilver and Wizamet are the same blade, just rebranded. Never used a Wizamet, because I used Polsilvers. But now price of Wizamets is just ridiculous and have no interest to even try them
I just got 250 for $50 delivered wizamet. So $20 per 100. Not the highest I've paid in the past

Top Bottom