What's new

Are these Dorcos the same?

I recieved two sample packs and both have Dorco blades. One blade sleeve as an ST301 and the other pack does not. Could they be the same with one having a newer label?
20200303_125201.jpg

wow, I would hope so, except the wrapper doesn't have the 301. I know it's been contested that there is no difference between 300 and 301's, but I think there is.

I have not used either the Dorco ST300 or ST301. I have heard that they are the same blade, but packaged differently, but I can neither confirm nor deny.

I have used the Dorco STP301 Prime Platinum blade and can confirm that it is a great blade, both sharp and smooth. It is one of my favorites.

Yes, they are the same. I used these a lot early on. They respond very similar to voskhods for me, not very sharp but pretty smooth. These were my go-to mild blade for awhile. They seemed to dull pretty quick but are cheap enough to be a 2 shave blade, I'm a huge fan of the plastic dispensers. They are good for beginners and they work very well in slants and/or overly aggressive razors.

Thank you everyone for your response. I was hoping they were the same because the labeled 301 gave me a fantastic shave for a noob wet shaver.

I'm currently revisiting the ST-301's and getting great shaves.

Can anyone compare the ST-301 to the Primes?

I'm currently revisiting the ST-301's and getting great shaves.

Can anyone compare the ST-301 to the Primes?

Sorry, I have not used the ST-301s, but I love the STP-301 prime platinum. They are available from Amazon for less than $8, so the risk is minimal.

Yes, they are the same. I used these a lot early on. They respond very similar to voskhods for me, not very sharp but pretty smooth. These were my go-to mild blade for awhile. They seemed to dull pretty quick but are cheap enough to be a 2 shave blade, I'm a huge fan of the plastic dispensers. They are good for beginners and they work very well in slants and/or overly aggressive razors.

I think comparing them to a Voskhod is a pretty fair assessment. The 2nd or 3rd shave on a 301 is far better than the 1st. I think it has to do with the teflon coating that they have. Once that wears off the blade actually gets sharper. I'm using a 301 this week with my red tip and today's shave was the best I've had all week (I started with it on Monday).

What about Dorco Titan? Are they different blades? I have the Titans and find them very sharp. Oddly enough, there's almost no mention of these on the forum, from what I've gathered.

What about Dorco Titan? Are they different blades? I have the Titans and find them very sharp. Oddly enough, there's almost no mention of these on the forum, from what I've gathered.

The Dorco Titan blades are supposed to be double-coated with Platinum for smoothness. When using the blades, do you see a big change in sharpness as the coating wears off? Many coated blades get a lot sharper after the first shave.

As others have said, Dorco Primes are a really nice blade (just picked up a 100 on the bay for under $10). The Prime is the only Dorco I've tried so far.

The Dorco Titan blades are supposed to be double-coated with Platinum for smoothness. When using the blades, do you see a big change in sharpness as the coating wears off? Many coated blades get a lot sharper after the first shave.
Right now I only have one shave with a Titan. I'll report back when I get my next shave. But the one I used was very sharp right out of the package. And smooth, too.

Sorry, I have not used the ST-301s, but I love the STP-301 prime platinum. They are available from Amazon for less than $8, so the risk is minimal.
Thanks, I may have to pick up some of the Prime's after my March restraint is finished.

Top Bottom