What's new

Are there movies or TV shows you won't watch because of an actor/actress is in a starring role?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

What kind of a George Bailey Fanboy are you????? And here, you think you know a guy!
Dude! Please forgive me. I temporarily forgot you was an Ambassador to the UN of B&B!

I promise I'll try harder to look past the editing issues I have with that masterpiece next Christmas....er I meant holiday season!

Well, this sums it up..

proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I can't imagine an actor turning in a performance as bad as Cruise in 'Far and Away' ever getting another role, but he did and he does keep getting them.

I seldom watch any TV shows or movies produced by Hollywood other studios in the USA. Even though I am a citizen of the USA, I tend to watch things produced in Canada, Britain, Australia,India, Ireland, Sweden, Spain, and Iceland, etc.

John Travolta
Tom Cruise
Tim Allen
Larry the Cable Guy (though give me the other blue collar comedians any day!)
Adam Sandler (which is a shame, since I love Drew Barrymore)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I can't think of one. Every time I try to put someone on such a list, they do something that I like (or I end up seeing something they've done that I like).

These guys just become the character they are playing.

Joaquin Phoenix is another who disappears into a role. There have been a number of films where it took me a while to figure out that it was him playing a role (even if there was no transforming makeup).

As for those who can't get past something someone did or said, so be it. You are free to be entertained as you like, and there certainly are enough choices out there. However, always remember that you have to choose to be bothered about something.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Klaus Kinski . . . But I've seen them all and he is dead so very little threat
Vin Diesel . . . I like action but maybe it is just the writing that is bad with his movies
Meryl Streep . . . I just don't see anything all that talented.

For whatever reason be it their politics, off screen personality or on screen portrayals will you boycott their content?

No. I would have thought so, but looking through these lists I cannot think of a single actor or actress who would cause me to boycott a movie or TV show. For any of those for whom I would consider doing so, I can think of at least one role which redeems them. Adam Sandler, for instance, Uncut Gems and Punch Drunk Love. Travolta, Pulp Fiction and Saturday Night Fever. Bruce Willis and Tom Cruise any number of things. Alec Baldwin, Glengarry, Glen Ross. Kristen Stewart, that Rolling Stones video for Ride 'em on Down. Ellen Degeneres is getting close, and it is not her politics it is her personality. Will Smith is pretty close, too. I do not know Shia L well enough to have an opinion. It is a shame what has happened to DeNiro.

Doc4, you are missing some incredible TV these days. Goes well with Scotch, too!

Is Paltrow the one selling a candle that is alleged to smell like her private parts?
Is it supposed to keep mosquitoes and flies away?

Meryl Streep . . . I just don't see anything all that talented.
Exactly. She's an OK actress but I've yet to watch anything, particularly films from the past 10 years, where there's been just a mediocre performance.

Adam Sandler, for instance, Uncut Gems
Was never a fan of his comedy but yes Uncut Gems was quite good.

It is a shame what has happened to DeNiro.
Ya, he was a acting force but his public appearances are not good. Politics aside he just seems like a difficult angry old man.

Top Bottom