What's new

Are there any UK Fatip Fanboys out there who like light handles?

Being a Lightweight Handle Fanboy (LHF) I got together with Doug (@Rosseforp) the Machinist Meister.

Doug produced an excellent prototype handle which I'm PIFing to any UK Fatip Owner who likes light handles.
PIF-1H_2021-08-14.jpg

The PIF is on the Double Edged Razors sub-forum HERE, for any UK Fatip Owner/Lover. There's plenty information there for the detail freaks.

Oi, nice lookin handle innit. That Doug bloke makes some nice handles. You know I love me a Fatip shave after having some bangers and mash down at the pub and chuggin a couple o' pints with the boys. I ask bossman "Hey bossman could I use the loo to shave me self? He said nah fam get out my shop ya freak!" That's my best British impression I guess. Not in :letterk1:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thessaloniki is a neighborhood in Northumberland, right? Somewhere between Morpeth and Laconia, I think.

@Cal on a side note, what's the fatip range exactly? I got the grande open comb and the lo storto open comb slant, what else could I add? Honestly can't think of a better razour £ for £, best value for money tbh imo

@Cal on a side note, what's the fatip range exactly?
Their range is quite extensive Saj, but that's due to all the different handles. They currently have four heads:
  1. Open Comb (Originale),
  2. Closed Comb (Gentile),
  3. Open Comb Slant (Lo Storto Originale), and
  4. Closed Comb Slant (Lo Storto Gentile).
Check out their website HERE. :wink2:
I got the grande open comb and the lo storto open comb slant, what else could I add?
You could add more with different plating and different handles, but unless you're a TOTAL Fatip Fanboy (like @Raven Koenes) I'd say you've already got the best of the bunch.

The closed comb versions may be of interest to you, but not me. I purchased one when they first came out, that was the first and last.
Honestly can't think of a better razor £ for £, best value for money tbh imo
Yep, you can't beat all brass razors for what Fatip charge. And (IMO) Fatips are the best designed OCs on the planet. :cornut:

Their range is quite extensive Saj, but that's due to all the different handles. They currently have four heads:
  1. Open Comb (Originale),
  2. Closed Comb (Gentile),
  3. Open Comb Slant (Lo Storto Originale), and
  4. Closed Comb Slant (Lo Storto Gentile).
Check out their website HERE. :wink2:

You could add more with different plating and different handles, but unless you're a TOTAL Fatip Fanboy (like @Raven Koenes) I'd say you've already got the best of the bunch.

The closed comb versions may be of interest to you, but not me. I purchased one when they first came out, that was the first and last.

Yep, you can't beat all brass razors for what Fatip charge. And (IMO) Fatips are the best designed OCs on the planet. :cornut:
Thanks for the information and extensive post

Tbh in regards to the gentile closed comb I'm not sure if it will do it for me tbh as I did read it's somewhat more milder then their oc razors and I absolutely love oc razors

You tried the closed comb slant?
Is it somewhat like the parker semi closed comb slant, do you know?
I'd assume it's similar in terms of mildness

@Cal this really caught my eye a fair few months ago before I got the oc grande fatip but apart from the colour not really sure how I'd be efit from it as I don't think the closed comb will even come close to the oc in terms of efficiency tbh

Does look sick though tbh 💯👍🔥

Tbh in regards to the gentile closed comb I'm not sure if it will do it for me tbh as I did read it's somewhat more milder then their oc razors and I absolutely love oc razors
Fatip's closed combs are indeed milder than their open combs, hence the name "Gentile" (or "gentle" in English). :wink2:
You tried the closed comb slant?
No, I will never purchase another Fatip "Gentile" of any sort.
Is it somewhat like the parker semi closed comb slant, do you know?
Sorry, I have no idea.

Reactions: saj
@Cal this really caught my eye a fair few months ago before I got the oc grande fatip but apart from the colour not really sure how I'd benefit from it as I don't think the closed comb will even come close to the oc in terms of efficiency tbh

Does look sick though tbh 💯👍🔥

If you want to check out the Gentile head that's probably the best way to go about it Saj. And of course you'll get a Piccolo handle as well.

Reactions: saj
Fatip's closed combs are indeed milder than their open combs, hence the name "Gentile" (or "gentle" in English). :wink2:

No, I will never purchase another Fatip "Gentile" of any sort.

Sorry, I have no idea.
Yea sorry I was being so thick by not noticing the name gentile lol 😂🤪

If you want to check out the Gentile head that's probably the best way to go about it Saj. And of course you'll get a Piccolo handle as well.
Did read the reviews on Amazon UK that the coating comes off for some on that special edition

Top Bottom