What's new

Are There Any Southpaw ....

I'm southpaw, I'm trying to teach myself to ambi but I'm finding it tricky. I guess it just takes getting used to.

I am a hard core lefty (except for politics). I have no problem with my Merkur but always wanted to try shaving with a straight.

I am a lefty and found using both hands is worth the effort. Most left handed people are better with their right hands than right handed people are with their left. That is due to the world being right handed.

Try both. I have never nicked myself with my right, but I have with my left.

"Left handed people are the only ones in the Right Mind."

Ok, I'll ask the noob question here...why does a southpaw grip make a difference with a straight? I pretty much always use my DE with the left, holding it normal or reverse like a spoon.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Not only am I left handed, I'm probably the most left handed person alive.

Straights are no problem. Righties have to learn to use their left hand, and lefties have to learn to use their right. Perfectly fair. :lol:

I have better luck shaving right handed. I try being ambi but can't get the angle right and end up leaving hairs in the wake of my passes.

Is a southpaw a left hander? If so then yes I am and I only shave with my left hand. As for technique, I a full WTG pass (north/south) and then 2 mixed XTG passes (including a few sliding strokes which go down and acrossin the same stroke). I had a very deliberate and careful shave today using this technique, trying out a razor I'd just honed that I'm selling to a member here and I got total BBS (the Shumate is a very nice razor Raj).

I'm a south paw as well, and yes shaving with the right hand just feels dirty and wrong. Shaving w/ my right hand is like shaving in the dark with a lawn mower....just asking for trouble.

It takes some time to get it down just right, but when you doooooooooooooo its like butter. I tend to get weepers on the right side of my neck more than any other place, but I can live w/ a weeper.

Top Bottom