What's new

Are there any products good for getting rid of soap scum on a razor?

I found you can avoid this daily build up by just taking an extra few seconds after the shave and rinse under the faucet with a quick flick and wipe. Ive used this with all my 25+ razors. Problem solved. Of course if you just like to tinker and have a reason to clean then see above advice. NOTE: I always remove the blade and set it aside and/or disassemble if a 2 or 3 piece razor.

agree.

But some razor designs have too many nooks & crannies & protrusions & etc.
especially on the underside of the base plate,
that it makes it difficult to keep clean.

In my small collection,

the easiest to keep clean = RazoRock Lupo, Muhel Rocca
somewhere in the middle = Karve Christopher Bradley OC plate, Merkur Progress
the hardest to keep clean = Fatip LoStorto Originale

I use an inexpensive ultrasonic cleaner with a few drops of Dawn dish soap in the water.
I also toss my razor and blade in my “Amazon” ultrasonic cleaner after every use. I own it, it’s handy, so why not use it ever day. No film or sticky functions on my razors. I also feel it helps keep my blades tuned up by ridding them of any broken and hanging micro serrations. Kinda like hanging chads on a Florida ballot.

agree.

But some razor designs have too many nooks & crannies & protrusions & etc.
especially on the underside of the base plate,
that it makes it difficult to keep clean.

In my small collection,

the easiest to keep clean = RazoRock Lupo, Muhel Rocca
somewhere in the middle = Karve Christopher Bradley OC plate, Merkur Progress
the hardest to keep clean = Fatip LoStorto Originale

OK but daily rinses right after the shave with any style razor still helps avoid letting the soap dry and start a build up in those nooks. I have three piece razors and I quickly disassemble rinse and wipe down in less than a minute which includes rinsing the blade and putting it aside. You can still do a full cleaning at the end of the week or whenever.

Top Bottom