What's new

Are there any foreign shaving creams, preferably in a tube?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I always hear a lot about British, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and German shave creams. But I never hear anything of French shave creams.

In particular, I love tubed shave creams. Speick is currently my reigning champion. That combined with a Speick stick is heaven.

But I never hear anything about French shaving creams. Or Polish, or Romanian, or Russian, Estonian, or anything to the east. I have never been able to figure out why. I know that these countries must have good shaving creams of their own, and I know that some must be in a tube.

French shaving creams was the start of this question, but now I am curious about the world in general. Central and South America? Africa? What do they use to shave?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Areffa creams and soaps (Ukraine🇺🇦✌️)
Arko shaving creams (Turkey🇹🇷)
Kapo, Mister Groomer (Bulgaria🇧🇬)
Ziaja, Belle Jardin (Poland🇵🇱💪)

Tried all of them except for Belle Jardin; each of them is good but Areffa is amazing :thumbsup:
Thank you, sir. The wealth of information contained in this community continues to astound me.

Follow-up question: is Areffa comparable to more commonly-used creams?

Off to research!!

Thank you, sir. The wealth of information contained in this community continues to astound me.

Off to research!!
A pleasure to recommend. Regarding your question, I would say no, it's not like a soft cream like Proraso, for example, but a hard cream like Cella (or very soft soap, as you say). Nevertheless, check if they can deliver it to your country and give it a try:)

Some other creams that come from the tube are Proraso, Palmolive, LEA, Nivea, and Barbon
Proraso and Palmolive are true classics. Nivea is a banger, ohf, Madonn'! At 3 USD per 100 ml? Such lather? Gold!! :biggrin1::001_tt1:

No, Areffa is way better in my opinion - not a knock on Proraso at all by the way. One of my favourite creams. But Areffa is insane. The post shave of these soaps is nothing short of amazing and lathering is a dream too. Areffa comes in tubs by the way. I haven’t seen it in tubes or sticks.

Other foreign soaps might be Wars, Bond or Lider from Poland. Intesa from Italy. Barbus from Slovakia. I haven’t tried these so cannot comment on their quality, but my local shave shop carries them.

Cheers,

Guido

shaved wednesday and today with two great French creams in tubes.
Pre de Provence and Institut Karite.
Both shaved great; the IK was especially slick!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

lasta

Blade Biter
No, Areffa is way better in my opinion - not a knock on Proraso at all by the way. One of my favourite creams. But Areffa is insane. The post shave of these soaps is nothing short of amazing and lathering is a dream too. Areffa comes in tubs by the way. I haven’t seen it in tubes or sticks.

Other foreign soaps might be Wars, Bond or Lider from Poland. Intesa from Italy. Barbus from Slovakia. I haven’t tried these so cannot comment on their quality, but my local shave shop carries them.

Cheers,

Guido
WARS is awesome! It's like a more sophisticated Arko! Beautiful, shiny, stringy lather. Cheap too.

Top Bottom