What's new

Are there any deals to be had on Tartara Misamune razors?

I made a deal a few days ago. The BST guy offered me that razor but he wouldn't take my offer. So I got a new one instead without paying for unneeded extras.

I have the razor you're looking for and may consider selling it. Its nice, but might be a touch too mild for me. PM me if you're interested...

lasta

Blade Biter
Hi @CCS, I have my eyes on a Masamune and AS-D2, would you they they have more or less blade feel than a Tech?

If I recall, both of these razors are in the mild/negative exposure territory, while Tech's are supposed to be slightly positive.

Tech is as mild as I'm willing to go.

Hi @CCS, I have my eyes on a Masamune and AS-D2, would you they they have more or less blade feel than a Tech?

If I recall, both of these razors are in the mild/negative exposure territory, while Tech's are supposed to be slightly positive.

Tech is as mild as I'm willing to go.
I honestly can't answer your question using terminology you guys use; I haven't been on the forums long enough to understand half of what's talked about with shaving - blade feel, positive/negative blade exposure, etc. Those aren't adjectives I've ever thought of or used regarding razors. Mild, medium, aggressive is about my limit.

The only answer I can give you is, my couple of ball end Techs (one NDC but blades were 1946 and the other is a '61) feel about the same as my AS-D2 with Feather blades but because of the size differences between the razors, they shave differently. I'd say from a mildness POV, with Feather blades they are about the same. The Masamune with a Feather feels more aggressive, in that while nearly impossible to nick yourself with the Techs (mine, anyway) or the AS-D2, the possibility is stronger with the Masamune. I can easily get BBS shaves with any of them but keep in mind, my beard is, at most, medium and my skin doesn't seem sensitive.

Last edited:
I know @CCS already bought one but for those interested:
You can get one cheap right now if you buy it from Europe because of the exchange rate. I know it's already been discussed, but I'm just highlighting my experience since my purchase was done this weekend.
I Just bought the Nodachi Dark which usually runs for $190. I paid $130 from a store in Portugal including shipping.
I saved myself $60!
Now is the time to buy these if you're in the USA!
LRod

Top Bottom