What's new

Are there any deals to be had on Tartara Misamune razors?

I have to admit, of all the new crop of razors out there (which don't interest me at all), the SS Tatara Misamune safety bar version has caught my eye due to it's wonderful styling and, generally, very positive reviews. You can order from Tatara and Maggard's seems to be a stateside stockist but I just can't pay retail for anything. Other than prowling BST, any other options?

You could wait for a sale. Maggards usually has pretty decent discounts around Black Friday.

But that's over a month from now! I'm nothing if not impulsive and impatient! ;) I am going to call Maggard's tomorrow and see if I can work a deal.

Are they legit? That's a heckofadeal!
They're from Spain I believe. Right now the best places to buy Tatara is outside of the US, good prices to be had in Europe and UK right now. I actually bought a Muramasa from the UK recently and saved myself over $100, basically the same deal like Black Friday but without the wait.

They're from Spain I believe. Right now the best places to buy Tatara is outside of the US, good prices to be had in Europe and UK right now. I actually bought a Muramasa from the UK recently and saved myself over $100, basically the same deal like Black Friday but without the wait.
So where from? Thanks for whatever info you can offer.

From Slickboys but they are sold out of everything Tatara at the moment.

Your best bet is yourshaving.com as previously mentioned.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Assist corrections, Tatara is designed and made in Portugal.

Thanks fellas! Sorry mods, looks like I posted this in the wrong forum so thanks for moving to where it should be.

Hmmm, I traded one with about 4-6 shaves on it… a bit too mild for me.

I now have a Massamune handle with a Nodachi top cap and safety bar. Going to get my first shave with it this weekend when I return. Also sold a Muramasa this summer. Haven’t found a Goldilocks yet but pretty sure the Nodachi top on the Massamune handle will be as close as I’ll get with Tatara.

If you post a WTB, someone will likely step up with an offer.

Hmmm, I traded one with about 4-6 shaves on it… a bit too mild for me.

I now have a Massamune handle with a Nodachi top cap and safety bar. Going to get my first shave with it this weekend when I return. Also sold a Muramasa this summer. Haven’t found a Goldilocks yet but pretty sure the Nodachi top on the Massamune handle will be as close as I’ll get with Tatara.

If you post a WTB, someone will likely step up with an offer.
I wondered about the open comb version. I typically like mild towards medium razors. For example, of all that I have in my little collection, the best shave I get is with the AS-D2 and Feather blade. But, it's almost too easy so I'll go mix it up with my Gillettes or Jaggers. My guess is the closed comb Masamune would be similar to the AS-D2 and I liked the idea I could add the open comb later if desired.

Last edited:
I tend to like razors like the Carbon CX, blackbird, etc. so the Feather is just to mild for me. I do like the Merkur heads a lot (23 and 34c). I think they are more efficient than the Massamune.

Reactions: tm3
Top Bottom