What's new

Are the B&B Anniversary brushes done, or will there be more?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
One of my favorite brushes is one of the B&B anniversary boars, made by Omega, I believe. The one I have has a clear green handle. The last mention I've seen is of the 10th anniversary brush. I haven't been around here for a couple years. Will there be more or is that project done? I'd love to get another one.

If there won't be more, which Omega production brush is most similar to them, anyone know? Thanks!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Closest thing to the anniversary brushes these days is the various B&B group purchases.

I'm not after B&B group brushes, I'm after that specific type of brush. They were always the same (I think the knot, the handles varied) excellent little boar brushes. I'm after getting one more of those, not interested in the "anniversary" aspect of them, nor in collecting brushes. I'll Google around, I'm sure I can identify a nearly identical brush. Thanks, all!

You can always post a WTB in the BST forum. Im sure someone has one they are willing to part with. Might even find a new one for sale.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm not after B&B group brushes, I'm after that specific type of brush. They were always the same (I think the knot, the handles varied) excellent little boar brushes. I'm after getting one more of those, not interested in the "anniversary" aspect of them, nor in collecting brushes. I'll Google around, I'm sure I can identify a nearly identical brush. Thanks, all!
The omega 10066 is very good. Not quite as good as the B&B essential boar, but close, imo.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well, turns out the knot and handle were not stock items from Omega. These were special order and the handle was designed for the project.
I'm going to look at the 10066, as it is similar in size and shape.
wp-content.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Thanks, guys! Those are two likely options. I am swimming upstream here, but I prefer the Omega brushes to the semogue. I appreciate the suggestions.

Well, turns out the knot and handle were not stock items from Omega. These were special order and the handle was designed for the project.
I'm going to look at the 10066, as it is similar in size and shape.View attachment 1298896

One of the things that made the B&B Essential brush so great is that the tips were splitting out of the box, so there was virtually no break in time. I don’t know where they sourced the boar or how they treated it to achieve that, but the result was truly special.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
One of the things that made the B&B Essential brush so great is that the tips were splitting out of the box, so there was virtually no break in time. I don’t know where they sourced the boar or how they treated it to achieve that, but the result was truly special.
Yep, these were premium treated bristles from my understanding.
The idea being they would perform right out of the box.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
JCinPA:
I’m ‘in’ if they ever come back (2nd Edition)! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Never wrestle with [boars]. You both get [lathered-up] and the [brush] likes it". George Bernard Shaw

Last edited:
Top Bottom