What's new

Are shaving creams really going bad after 12 months ?

No, several of my creams (including TOBS) are on rotation since 2012 and still smells and works like new. It is the issue when you are a variety mad and buy everything that other mad guys told you at the internet forums.

Not the case of TOBS but a very few of them in the jar undergo separation of componentes, then it is just get a stick and mix again.

At least here in Brazil companies MUST put a 24 to 36 months EXPIRY DATE on cosmetics BY FORCE OF LAW even if you manufacturer PROOF that your product is OK for use 10 times this amount of time.

Maybe other countries, same issue.

Last edited:
Not long ago, I replaced a few T&H creams that were quite old and close to empty save for one - T&H Rose, which was old (like 5-6+ years) but probably half full. Smelled great but was hardened due to water evaporation. I decided to see how I might refresh it and started adding bits of RO water from our sink filter and worked it in with a chopstick. I did skim the top off first to reveal a clean layer underneath first. Not sure how much water I added but in about 10 minutes, this old jar of hardened Rose cream looked and smelled like new. Used it the following day to shave with and it was fine, good as new. I think creams without tallow can probably last for years and be refreshed to be softer if need be. Or, use them like croap.

Top Bottom