What's new

Are Rooney Brushes Still Sold un Truefitt and Hill?

These are the only Rooney brushes I can find:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I thought that they may have gone out of business. I really have no idea but I hope that another member might have more information for us.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Those are probably new old stock from 2013-2015 or thereabouts. There was a great deal of controversy around brushes alleged to be made by Rooney at that time, as many questioned whether Rooney made them at all, or whether they were fabricated in China or somewhere else with a Rooney label attached. These brushes were floppy with rather thin knots. That giant Rooney I occasionally post a photo of is actually a brush from that era. It is unusable. Classic Shaving actually pulled their Rooneys from their site at that time, but apparently someone there has found a few branded as T&H brushes and is trying to sell them. Either they have forgotten, or they hope that we have forgotten, the issues surrounding the origin of these alleged "Rooney" brushes. If you want to do some research I think you'll find threads on this site about the Classic Shaving "Rooney" debate. The company might have been called Vintage Razors then- I forget.

I believe the T&H brushes sold today are made by Progress-Vulfix, and they are outstanding brushes.

Those are probably new old stock from 2013-2015 or thereabouts. There was a great deal of controversy around brushes alleged to be made by Rooney at that time, as many questioned whether Rooney made them at all, or whether they were fabricated in China or somewhere else with a Rooney label attached. These brushes were floppy with rather thin knots. That giant Rooney I occasionally post a photo of is actually a brush from that era. It is unusable. Classic Shaving actually pulled their Rooneys from their site at that time, but apparently someone there has found a few branded as T&H brushes and is trying to sell them. Either they have forgotten, or they hope that we have forgotten, the issues surrounding the origin of these alleged "Rooney" brushes. If you want to do some research I think you'll find threads on this site about the Classic Shaving "Rooney" debate. The company might have been called Vintage Razors then- I forget.

I believe the T&H brushes sold today are made by Progress-Vulfix, and they are outstanding brushes.

Really I feel this is the best on it. Only part I wouldn't agree with is the giant made Rooney brushes not being made in 2013-2015 as I feel certain I saw them before then. The hair in them is much better looking quality than any there listed on the sight. Looking at the few photos available I just don't see that Rooney sparkle in them. One interesting item is the bone white handles there which would likely speak for them being later stock is I have never for the life of me seen retail bone white handles in the Series 1 and Series 3 as seen on the site. That rod stock was always reserved for the heritage range. Perhaps this was something specific for the NA market, and was different in Europe, but I don't feel like it was. I stalk forums, particularly the brush forum, more than I post, and I think I would've seen more of that by now. Oh also, Classic Shaving and Vintage Blades LLC were always separate entities and were the two primary sellers of stock until Truefitt & Hill joined in, and even then it was only the Series 1, 2, and 3 that they sold, albeit with some colors you didn't see elsewhere. Lavender seems to be a popular one for T&H.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This was the first badger brush I ever bought- a Truefitt & Hill branded Rooney silvertip, style 3 size 2. I got it at the T&H mother ship in St James', London in the summer of 2010. To this day one of my favourite brushes. A genuine silvertip.

EDIT- Also, if you check the T&H website you'll see that while the 'Super' Badger Wellington brush currently sells for around $120 USD, the 'Silvertip' is nearly $300. Keep that in mind as you consider purchasing one of these alleged 'silvertips'; too good to be true, and all that...

Easter shave2.jpeg

Last edited:
The Super is silvertip, it’s just not as sorted as heritage was. All T&H used the Super classification of hair. Silvertip, or heritage as Rooney called it, was reserved for the heritage range. The ones directly from T&H look to be better sorted and such, but for my money and what I have experienced I would just rather put money down on a Shavemac at that price, or better yet look at BST options. I’m at the point now where I’m severely limited on new brushes having so many.

This was the first badger brush I ever bought- a Truefitt & Hill branded Rooney silvertip, style 3 size 2. I got it at the T&H mother ship in St James', London in the summer of 2010. To this day one of my favourite brushes. A genuine silvertip.

EDIT- Also, if you check the T&H website you'll see that while the 'Super' Badger Wellington brush currently sells for around $120 USD, the 'Silvertip' is nearly $300. Keep that in mind as you consider purchasing one of these alleged 'silvertips'; too good to be true, and all that...

View attachment 1324261

LOVELY!! :a29: :a29:

Top Bottom