What's new

Are Personna twin cartridges worth trying?

Anybody like the Personna Twin Pivot Plus?

These are sold as the generic TracII with different labels. It just astounds me how they're only a fraction price of the Gillette Trac IIs. How are they?

I'm thinking about getting some as a travel blade.

I'm not sure of that model. If they are Israeli then I have tried some that were similar (if not the same) and they are pretty good. (Came as a 'kit" with a handle and 5 cartridges.) I have also used the cartridges that fit Gillette Sensors. They were pretty good too, though I haven't looked for any in years, so I don't know if they are even available anymore. I would guess they they shouldn't be too expensive, so why not try a pack and see for yourself if you like them. As the saying goes: Your mileage may vary.

I was also tempted by the much lower price, but unfortunately found them to be much lower quality as well. They clog more easily, don't shave as well, and don't last as long as the real Trac IIs. But that said, they are so inexpensive that you probably ought to give them a try.

I have to say they were my favorite cart ever besides the guard. Now these personna twins give easy BBS like no body's business. Before going to single blade only (mostly de, some guard) they are what I used for a long time and also were my favorite in my headblades when I used them. I was getting them at 100 for $11 with free shipping haha and they are still around there on Amazon if I remember correctly. They are insanely sharp but can clog a little.

The best TracII/Atra compatibles I ever used were the Wilkinson's they used to sell in Wal-mart. They stopped selling those probably 5 or so years ago. The store brand that my local Drug Mart chain sells have done me well for the years since, I've assumed those are manufactured by Personna.

(fyi, the TracII/Atra compatibles they sell at Dollar General are at the bottom of the quality list for me, I've only bought them when I find them in the close-out bin for a few bucks a 10 pack)

I am not impressed with these, you can far better NOS Gillette, Wilkinson Sword or Schick on eBay.

Top Bottom