What's new

Are Injectors more Forgiving than regular DE's?

Just curious, as I'm thinking of picking one up for those moments when I don't have a lot of time to shave...And if you could recommend a good "starter" injector too.

Thanks in Advance

Scott

I have said that my injector is my in-hurry razor. I don't know if it's more forgiving, it's simply easier (imo) to hold at the correct angle. This being the case, it is ideal for those times you're in a hurry.

I have an injector I picked up at an estate sale for 50 cents. It's a type I-2 (hydro-magic).
I like it very much.

An injector can still bite you if you try to rush too much and get careless. But yeah, I think they are easier to master.

I would not suggest making an Injector as your "Shave in 30 seconds" razor. I consider the Injector to be a single blade shaving alternative to DE, not a step above or below, not faster or slower. The injector, specially the old ones with the short bakelite handles can do some serious damage if you are not careful.

I would agree. I have really cut myself using my injector razor. Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I have yet to find directions on how to use it. Do i hold the razor head flat against my skin or angle to blade 30 degrees? YMMV but I found my DE to be faster.

Tim

I would agree. I have really cut myself using my injector razor. Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong. I have yet to find directions on how to use it. Do i hold the razor head flat against my skin or angle to blade 30 degrees? YMMV but I found my DE to be faster.

Tim
I agree also...........I've never liked injector razors. I tried ones years ago and always thought a DE is a much better, safer shave.........the best out there IMHO

Do i hold the razor head flat against my skin or angle to blade 30 degrees?

Flat against your face, the Injector handle should facilitate the proper angle. For what it's worth I have yet to seriously cut myself with any of my Injectors, 5 I've tried so far.

An injector can still bite you if you try to rush too much and get careless. But yeah, I think they are easier to master.

I agree.

I favor the I and the J. Never tried the E type. Injectors provide a fine shave used with appropriate care.

-- John Gehman

its all in the blade, i find ted pella blades really harsh, while german wlkinson/shick blades are nice and smooth,

I have a Schick E3 from the '30s or early '40s, and a '70s era M3 adjustable. The E3 is a very aggressive shaver. I get a great shave when using it, but care is required if you don't want to loose body parts. The M3 on the other hand, is one of my most comfortable razors. Set at 5, with a good blade, it produces excellent results with no irritation or drama. The M3 series would be a good introduction to injectors.

Larry

I have an E series, and have the german Schick blades. It's a really good shaver, and I seem to prefer aggressive razors, so the E is great for me. I've also got an L series, but it's not nearly as smooth a shaver.

I found the injector easier to use than a DE when I first started shaving as a teen. I still think that the injector is better for a quick shave because less thought has to go into keeping the proper blade angle.

I found the injector easier to use than a DE when I first started shaving as a teen. I still think that the injector is better for a quick shave because less thought has to go into keeping the proper blade angle.
I started on an injector specifically to get my feet wet before transitioning to the DE. I think it's a good choice for anyone starting out. It lets you focus on your prep, lather, and post without worrying too much about the angles yet.

Top Bottom