What's new

Are fragrances sold on Amazon fake?

Always make sure who the seller is and read reviews not only of the product but also of the seller. If there are even a few negative reviews that seem legit, I run the other way and never look back. Doesn't matter if it's Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, or some other site.

No wonder my designer brand colognes smell so synthetic! I was wondering why the prices were so cheap from the Brands themselves. I reported the bottles as damaged since Amazon wouldn't take them back and refund me. I've learned my lesson.

I’ve used fragrancenet.com only had one issue a box arrived with a broken bottle one phone call and the emailed me a shipping label I sent it back and had my option of my money back or another bottle took a few weeks in all to get it settled but they took care of me

I also use fragrances.com
My wife had a gift set arrive with a busted tube of soap rest of product was good they requested a pic which we sent immediately the next day she received an email to keep the set and that they were shipping her a new set only took a few day

fragrances seem to have quicker shipping but fragrancenet seem to have a little better prices depending on their promo

both great places I’m very satisfied with both businesses

I wouldn’t take a chance on amazon if you can get it from one of the above sites

Just peeped these sites. How can you confidently tell they're not counterfeit? Prices are almost the same as Amazon's.

Just peeped these sites. How can you confidently tell they're not counterfeit? Prices are almost the same as Amazon's.
Fragrancenet, FragranceX and Maxaroma are all legit discount sellers. I've bought a lot of stuff from all three and never had a problem. I've read that shady sellers have moved from eBay to Amazon because eBay has taken the stance that buyers are always right which makes it harder for them to get away with selling fake frags.

Fragrancenet, FragranceX and Maxaroma are all legit discount sellers. I've bought a lot of stuff from all three and never had a problem. I've read that shady sellers have moved from eBay to Amazon because eBay has taken the stance that buyers are always right which makes it harder for them to get away with selling fake frags.

Have you compared these sites to department store fragrances to see if they're legit? I'm not questioning your experience, I'm just being cautious about not getting burned again. Nordstrom, Macy's, Lord and Taylor are legit as far i know. They usually don't have issues with returns, either.

Have you compared these sites to department store fragrances to see if they're legit? I'm not questioning your experience, I'm just being cautious about not getting burned again. Nordstrom, Macy's, Lord and Taylor are legit as far i know. They usually don't have issues with returns, either.
Department stores would be the last place I'd ever go to buy frags. Yeah they offer a piece of mind for some, but I just see over priced fragrances for sale. Now sometimes department stores are the only place to get some fragrances and most high-end frags you have to buy from brick and mortar stores or their online sites.

Now to answer your question. No, I haven't done any comparisons, but I've never been burned so it never occurred to me to even think about it.

Department stores would be the last place I'd ever go to buy frags. Yeah they offer a piece of mind for some, but I just see over priced fragrances for sale. Now sometimes department stores are the only place to get some fragrances and most high-end frags you have to buy from brick and mortar stores or their online sites.

Now to answer your question. No, I haven't done any comparisons, but I've never been burned so it never occurred to me to even think about it.

So here's an update. I tested a Bvlgari fragrance from that I got from Amazon and one from Macys. Sprayed both one each side of my arm. Smelled exactly the same. Tried a second test, where I sprayed both on a piece of clothing. Same result.

Looks like they were both genuine? Unless the Chinese supply brick and mortar department stores lol

Top Bottom