What's new

Are Face Scrubs, How do you Say ... Indispensable?

I was using the Facial Fuel by Kiehls tonight and found the consistency to be intriguing. I was thinking of maybe using it twice a week. Are face scrubs ... how do you say? ... indispensable ...?

I think it depends on the extent of the exfoliation. I daily use Nivea's face wash with micro granules. It feels like a face wash with the added advantage of a light exfoliation before shaving. I have seen some face scrubs which I would only use once or twice a week because they are scrubs, you can see and feel the exfoliating agents. I'm not familiar with the one mention, though I do have a sample I have yet to get round to using.

IMO I would not be without some form of face scrub in my routine.

Thanks for the input. The Kiehls sounds much more abrasive and contains caffeine, which I kind of like. Anyway, the one I'm using is definitely not for everyday use and I'm liking it so far, so I will proceed down the path of becoming face scrub guy.

I swear by the face screubs, and my fave is Jack Black....
I currently shave every other day,
and I use the scrub with hot water the night before...
That way I exfoliate,
but also allow my face enough time to build up a layer of skin...

Using the scrub just before a shave was... a bad idea :001_07:

Well Mark, that's just like your opinion, man. (ha)

The Jack Black looks pretty good as well. I'm going to go with the Kiehls for a while (twice a week) and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

I swear by the face screubs, and my fave is Jack Black....
I currently shave every other day,
and I use the scrub with hot water the night before...
That way I exfoliate,
but also allow my face enough time to build up a layer of skin...

Using the scrub just before a shave was... a bad idea :001_07:

+1

I found out the above bold statement the hard way. I broke out something bad. My skin was over exfoliated. I now only use a scrub 2 maybe three times a week to ensure I dislodge those secret ingrown hairs but I never do it before a shave, I repeat never do it before you shave. Your face needs 12 hours to rest in my opinion. I had used the Keihl's mentioned above

I was using the Facial Fuel by Kiehls tonight and found the consistency to be intriguing. I was thinking of maybe using it twice a week. Are face scrubs ... how do you say? ... indispensable ...?

When I was a young man and had a lot of pimples and blackheads I used a facial scrub. My face was excessively oily and I felt a need to clean it up.

Since that problem subsided I haven't used it because I figure it will dry out my face.

"Um ... indispensable."
"That's what I thought."

Nice "Top Secret!" reference.

I think it depends on your skin. I have extremely oily skin and if I don't exfoliate in some manner on a regular basis, I get a coating of dead skin on my face that makes me look like Tutankhamen. Some people, those with dry skin, don't need to exfoliate.

I have mild breakout prone combination skin and ive found most of the scrubs on the market make my skin worse so I avoid them. What I have found to work very well is an aspirin/honey mask which is abrasive and when washed off acts liek a scrub and leaves my skin very smooth and soft.

I in the same boat- I have oily/sensitive skin, and even a mild scrub is way too much more than once a week- it makes my oil production go through the roof, so I rarely use one. Occasionally I'll use a soft face brush or washcloth if I feel like I need a deeper cleansing.

Works great not to heavy and unlike others such as astringents so does not dry out my face. Also use it twice a week.

Top Bottom