What's new

Are DE Blade Prices Increasing?

This is a web site everyone should have bookmarked. With a 100 blade purchase shipping is free and tracked. Over all their prices are better than most with a few exceptions. For instance, Timor is more expensive than it is from Connaught Shaving. Their blade selection is undoubtedly huge.

Free shipping depends probably where you live. To Netherlands it's €2,99.
RazorbladesClubShipping.png

Indeed. I don't mind the €3 but it's strange that some destinations are free. Shipping cost from dutch shops is more. Or you have to have to order for a large amount. Blades are way more expensive here then at RBC

Indeed. I don't mind the €3 but it's strange that some destinations are free. Shipping cost from dutch shops is more. Or you have to have to order for a large amount. Blades are way more expensive here then at RBC

Could be that they are situated in Sweden, but the blades are shipped from Germany. That would explain why I pay the same shipping as you.

Reactions: abj
Some are increasing and I suppose some aren't. The ones I like seem to be rising in price because of either rumors or production issues. Namely Polsilver Super Iridiums, which have been plagued by rumors that production stopped. They just changed plants. Same with Gillette Silver Blues. Neither of the rumors are true.

Just wondering about the source of your information/details re changing plants? It would be very surprising that they would change plants, while there is no news of the Russian Gillette plant closing. Which plant did you hear that production moved to? Production did change from the original Polish Wizamet plant to the Gillette factory in Russia, but that was years ago, after Gillette purchased the Wizamet brand. As I understand it, the most recent announcement about the discontinuation was made in 2016, and I believe this is true. Perhaps there is confusion due to the fact that Polsilvers are still being sold, but I haven't seen any blades of recent manufacture (you can see the date of manufacture printed on the side of every 5-pack). What I understand is that it is only old stock still being sold.

Just wondering about the source of your information/details re changing plants? It would be very surprising that they would change plants, while there is no news of the Russian Gillette plant closing. Which plant did you hear that production moved to? Production did change from the original Polish Wizamet plant to the Gillette factory in Russia, but that was years ago, after Gillette purchased the Wizamet brand. As I understand it, the most recent announcement about the discontinuation was made in 2016, and I believe this is true. Perhaps there is confusion due to the fact that Polsilvers are still being sold, but I haven't seen any blades of recent manufacture (you can see the date of manufacture printed on the side of every 5-pack). What I understand is that it is only old stock still being sold.

This is the first I'm hearing of these rumors.

That said, I'm expecting more and more of the PPI brands to go to the India factory. It happened to 7 OC Blacks. (PPI Blues used to be black. they were awesome)

Your information is the information that I was referring to. It seems the change in location of manufacture to the Russian plant has causes a slight disruption in supply which has allowed sellers to up the prices. I'm referring to Polsilver SI.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

That said, I'm expecting more and more of the PPI brands to go to the India factory. It happened to 7 OC Blacks. (PPI Blues used to be black. they were awesome)

Indian Blacks are excellent blades, IMO. A little pricey, but excellent.

Your information is the information that I was referring to. It seems the change in location of manufacture to the Russian plant has causes a slight disruption in supply which has allowed sellers to up the prices. I'm referring to Polsilver SI.

That change took place about 10 years ago. You may also be conflating when there was a rumoured discontinuation because of a change in distribution channels/packaging (not change of manufacturing plant) but that was about 8 years ago. Supply/prices had been stable for many years after these two events.

But I believe these two blades were made at the same time for several years. Rather than production ceasing in Russia and then moving to India, I think it was just that these two products shared the same name/package design.

That change took place about 10 years ago. You may also be conflating when there was a rumoured discontinuation because of a change in distribution channels/packaging (not change of manufacturing plant) but that was about 8 years ago. Supply/prices had been stable for many years after these two events.

I recall seeing mention of the Polsilver "distribution" issues more recently, sometime last year. And it is possible some of the posts went back about 4 or 5 years.

But I believe these two blades were made at the same time for several years. Rather than production ceasing in Russia and then moving to India, I think it was just that these two products shared the same name/package design.
Very true. Hopefully this prescedent provides advance warning when the next blade gets shifted.

Considering Razor Blades Club, well, shipping is free for orders of 100 blades or more. It's stated on the site.
No it's not...
When order 100+ blades you get tracked shipping for free, ie you pay around $3 normal untracked shipping, but get it tracked for free.
Still a great deal IMO.

Reactions: abj
No it's not...
When order 100+ blades you get tracked shipping for free, ie you pay around $3 normal untracked shipping, but get it tracked for free.
Still a great deal IMO.
you are right...didn't pay attention. my apologies :)

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom