What's new

Are all of these Personna Lab Blues or not?

I've been shaving recently with a Personna Lab Blue blade in three different razors (Pearl Flexi, Merkur Progress and RR Lupo DC) and i'm amazed how well the blade performs. A pack of them was send to me as a gift along wth other stuff and i'm thinking about buying a few 100s of them at some point, but after looking around Amazon I saw a few different packages of Personna blades and I was hoping that someone who has tried all of them to share his opinion on the subject.

Are these the same blades in just a different package or perhaps not? Which do you find better and why? The blades I have come in white wrapper.

51EWNQW4d8L.jpg
81ftlkNpE-L._SL1205_.jpg
81nXCCVoWFL._SL1500_.jpg

The Personna Lab Blues are made only in USA at the Verona, Virginia plant. They can be marked as "Super" and "Comfort Coated" but they must be made in USA.

The top two pictures look like Lab Blues. The bottom one does not. I think those are made by Edgewell somewhere else in the world and packaged in different ways for sale.

Lab Blues and the Med Preps are my favorite Personna blades. I can rely on them to give good results. I've had mixed experience with the others.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've been shaving recently with a Personna Lab Blue blade in three different razors (Pearl Flexi, Merkur Progress and RR Lupo DC) and i'm amazed how well the blade performs. A pack of them was send to me as a gift along wth other stuff and i'm thinking about buying a few 100s of them at some point, but after looking around Amazon I saw a few different packages of Personna blades and I was hoping that someone who has tried all of them to share his opinion on the subject.

Are these the same blades in just a different package or perhaps not? Which do you find better and why? The blades I have come in white wrapper.

View attachment 1359225View attachment 1359226View attachment 1359227
Yes. Those are the ones you got.

I believe that Personna changed their Lab Blue packaging recently, maybe 1 to 2 years back. So the first picture is the older design and the second picture is the latest design. I do love using the Lab Blue blades as they seem to work well for me all of my razors.

I don’t know if the third picture is of Lab Blues.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

View attachment 1359225View attachment 1359226View attachment 1359227
That is the box mine came in.

Note the circled areas: "Made in USA" in French, and "Accutec". That's what counts, even if they change the artwork.

Lab Blues are made in Verona VA by Accutec.

Attachments

• Inkedlab-blue-copy_LI.jpg
    Inkedlab-blue-copy_LI.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 45
I've had the top box before and the bottom box now. On mine the bottom box says the blades are made in Germany by Edgewell. Performance is similar and I don't notice any difference. They are good blades for me. YMMV. They are cheap enough to try it and see.

I've had the top box before and the bottom box now. On mine the bottom box says the blades are made in Germany by Edgewell. Performance is similar and I don't notice any difference. They are good blades for me. YMMV. They are cheap enough to try it and see.
The bottom box aren't Lab Blues, though, which was the OP's question.

Personna blades confuse everybody. It's nice to know what you are getting.

What is stamped on the blades?

Thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom