What's new

Arco who loves it, who hates it. Why?

I don't like it. I don't care if its good performer or easy to leather or even super cheap (less then a euro or $) or have that sanitary smell...

After using it I have a feeling that someone is stretching my face, like having some plastic layer over my head, my face will burst how is stretched and dry, completely uncomfortable feeling that I couldn't get rid of even a few hours later.

But it may work perfectly for you, testing is the only way to know.

Have fun and happy shaving ;)

I like Arko stick for the value. I wouldn't claim its the best soap. But it provides me with solid shaves every time I use it.

I'm neutral with it's scent. But as mentioned and from my experiences it dries my face out if I don't use any lotion/ balm after using it a few times.

Arko is great soap, one of the best I've used. Equal to Haslingers, in fact. The scent is rather industrial though, so it may not suit you (I find it rather strong), but the actual shave performance is as good as any.

Buy one stick to test though -- used properly one should last you between six months and a year of daily shaving. I bought a dozen, and will probably be using it when I'm 90.

It's adequate, nothing special, and smells. I don't expect ot ever buy it again. There are too many soaps I prefer.

Arko is an excellent top-line soap, and very affordable.

For me it produces great slick lather, and has a fresh lemony fragrance.

Ok so firstly, thank you all that contributed.

I tried it last night. It was easy to apply and lathered instantly. I was very surprised as to how fast. I also had enough on my brush for a couple of passes which was great.

It was smooth and the razor glided well. I was using my red tip with derby premium blades.

The smell was very familiar even though I had never used the product before. Then it hit me. My grandfather smelled like that after shaving. Guess I found out what he used.

I don’t mind the smell as it brings memories.

All in all I’m glad I got a stick of it and will probably but 2 more.

Thanks guys!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Performance wise, it's hard to find a better soap. Scent wise, it's easy to find a better soap. I like it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
One of my souvenirs from a stop in Turkey while on a Med cruise in 2016.
full

Great soap. Very polarizing though, few folks in the just OK category. I always take Arko when traveling, haven't found water it doesn't like, could even get a great lather with some spit.

I have used one of the Arko pucks in the small plastic red container as my travel soap for years. It is light, just the right size and, as bberg said, can lather no matter where you are.

I liked it so much that I bought an empty 6oz soap container and two Arko sticks and smooshed the soap into the container. It stands up next to the B&M reserve and Tabac in my lineup .

Performance wise, it's hard to find a better soap. Scent wise, it's easy to find a better soap. I like it.

I was turned off by the scent at first...Like the first year or two.

But now I’m sort of agnostic on it. I think I just had to get past “urinal cake” and move on to “lemon pledge.”

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was turned off by the scent at first...Like the first year or two.

But now I’m sort of agnostic on it. I think I just had to get past “urinal cake” and move on to “lemon pledge.”
Those are the first to scents that come to mind.

I'm just kind of meh, as everyone has already mentioned the lather is great and protective, but the post shave experience leaves a lot to be desired (for me at least) I find Arco drying and as many have mentioned the scent could be better.

It’s probably the most divisive soap there is, provoking strong views from supporters and opponents everywhere.

Personally, I’m a fan. I enjoy the scent, which I find fresh and lemony (none of this “urinal puck” nonsense), and it’s very easy to get it to produce copious amounts of lather. I would choose the Palmolive shave stick and MWF above it, but Arko would definitely be up there in my top five.

I love it but don’t like sticks so I grate them into a bowl and press it down to bowl larger, as others have said, it lasts AGES! And I bought 12 as it worked out at 80p a stick. Oh well

Arko is a good performer, excellent value but has a polarizing scent. If the scent is your only problem with it, leaving a stick open for 6 months is an easy way to have that diminish. In cold weather you may need a moisturising AS.

In the past it was simple enough to find bulk deals on eBay. Cheap stuff.

Top Bottom