What's new

Aramis Shave Soap: any intel.

I just saw that my local pharmacy has Aramis shave soap does anyone have any intel on this?
BE807F6E-6FE7-4CB8-86CB-2DD6B0341450.jpeg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
If you do a search here you will might find some info on this soap. If my memory serves me right, the soap was really nothing to rave about.

Supposed to smell nice. I'd probably pick it up, regardless of performance, just to support the B&M store willing to carry shave supplies. And I haven't found a poor performing soap that isn't improved with the addition of a cream to make a super lather. I'd use Kiss my Face unscented, if I had it.

I picked up several Aramis soaps several years ago. The scent is strong and smells just like the aftershave. Performance was not all that great. I have one puck I use rarely except when I get a craving for the scent. The other puck made it to the shower and provided some great memories from the past. I still love the Aramis scent today. I got mine for less than $10 each so it was worth it for me.

There was an older version that had tallow that was generally regarded as pretty good. It appears that Aramis was one of the soaps experiencing reformulation that did not fare as well. But that scent.....

Last edited:
I picked up several Aramis soaps several years ago. The scent is strong and smells just like the aftershave. Performance was not all that great. I have one puck I use rarely except when I get a craving for the scent. The other puck made it to the shower and provided some great memories from the past. I still love the Aramis scent today. I got mine for less than $10 each so it was worth it for me.

There was an older version that had tallow that was generally regarded as pretty good. It appears that Aramis was one of the soaps experiencing reformulation that did not fare as well. But that scent.....
The tallow version was a very good shaving soap. I usually recieved it in a gift set at Christmas Time.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Side note: PAA Porthos is supposed to replicate the scent of Aramis. So if you like the scent but dont like the performance (ive read the performance is lacking in the Aramis soap) then you can go the PAA route.

Top Bottom