What's new

Aramis Lovers....NEWS!!!!!!

This is great news!

I fondly remember my first bottle of Aramis 900 in the mid 80's.

Blockbuster juice that could be worn subtly or splashed on big time.

I remember trying Tuscany back in the day. Will be curious to try it again and see if my tastes have changed.

-------------
alan

Aramis to relaunch eight classic scents in new Gentleman's Collection

by Grant Osborne, 20 July 2009

proxy.php

This Autumn sees the launch of Aramis' Gentleman's Collection: A set of eight classic Aramis fragrances all housed in the same bottle design.
The scents included in the Aramis Gentleman's Collection are:
Aramis 900 (1973) was created by perfumer Bernard Chant and is a masculine interpretation of (Aramis' sister-brand) Clinique's Aromatic Elixir
Devin (1978) also by Bernard Chant is a fresh green fragrance and was the recipient of a FiFi award that year.
JHL (1982) Created by Estee Lauder for her husband, whose initials were JHL. (Joseph Harold Lauder).
Tuscany (1984) An Italian themed fragrance with notes of patchouli, bergamot and geranium.
New West (1988) An oceanic calone based fragrance.
Havana (1994) a distinctive scent with notes of juniper, grapefruit, cumin, pepper, tobacco, patchouli and vanilla
Aramis Life (2003) was launched with the face of tennis star Andre Agassi with notes of bergamot, cucumber, cedarwood and leather.
Aramis Always (2006) was created by Jean-Claude Delville and contains notes of lime, ginger, lemon, mandarin, cedar and vetiver.
Leonard Lauder, chairman emeritus of the Estée Lauder Companies, said "The Gentleman’s Collection by Aramis embraces coveted classics, I love the concept of discovering something old that is new again. The Gentleman’s Collection is like a wardrobe of fragrances, each one for a different day, a different mood. The collection has new appeal to our loyal customers and is an opportunity for new customers to discover."
Each fragrance is available as 100ml fragrance and is expected to retail at $48. The range launched in Bergdorf Goodman in September before widening distribution in October.
proxy.php

Havana and JHL are two of my favorites- I am stoked. Does anyone have any comments about Always?

Last edited:
It's good to see Havana and Devin coming back.

I was excited about Devin too, until I realized it's not the original "Light Sporting Cologne". I fear that it may be a different blend than what we remember from decades ago. Fingers crossed...

I was excited about Devin too, until I realized it's not the original "Light Sporting Cologne". I fear that it may be a different blend than what we remember from decades ago. Fingers crossed...

+1 for the Devin and the 900 real fresh scents

Havana and JHL are two of my favorites- I am stoked. Does anyone have any comments about Always?

It smells like a cross between Polo Black and Cool Water to me. Very strange combination when you throw in the cucumber and citrus notes.

At first I hated it, then I liked it. Then I hated it again. Now, I can wear it in the spring. It's definitely a unique scent, whether you like it or not.

This is great news. They never stopped making Havana for the South African market and one can easily see givent the prices it commands on EBay, how well thought of and desired it is. I got a small decant from BadgerDecants recently. Fantastic juice. Complex and demanding. I would say maybe top ten ever in my book. Probably way ahead of its time. Aramis is going to sell some edt. I am a big regular Aramis fan anyway.

Getting Havana back into the line is wonderful news! I've been slowly nursing my bottle for a few years. Now I'm glad I didn't pay ebay rates for a backup bottle. :biggrin:

My dad has a Marble based shaving stand that includes a brush, Trac II razor, and marble shaving bowl with JHL soap in it. My mother gave it to him back in the 80's for Christmas. The letters JHL are still on the soap puck, it's never been used. I think he even still has the box.

Sounds great. I'm in for a bottle of Havana. My father-in-law wears regular Aramis, so I don't in order to avoid potentially creepy situations with the bride.

Very cool. My late father was a devoted regular Aramis man along with Royall Bay Rhum. I adopted the Bay Rhum but regular Aramis is too strong an association for me with him that I don't wear it often. However, I do remember him buying me a bottle of Tuscany and thinking it was really nice back in the day, particularly when all my friends were sporting original green bottle Polo.

I remember getting Aramis 900, Devin, JHL, and regular Aramis back in my college days in the mid 80's. I did not like Aramis 900 as much as the others, but the aramis 900 shaving cream in a tube was really good. Did anyone else get the Maltplex and Shaveplex back then? I remember getting the RNA complex whatever to put on after shaving.

Top Bottom