What's new

Aramis Havana

From Fragrantica

Top notes are artemisia, caraway, mandarin orange and basil; middle notes are carnation, fir, cinnamon and tobacco; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and vetiver.

Up front.
I love it this old school scent with a tobacco twist and the wife loves it too.

I get a good amount of oakmoss and patchouli and something sharp that I think is the carnation but it is not too strong. It is a little green and somewhat floral and spicy. Tobacco plays a role as well but it is not huge.

Performance is pretty good. I get a solid view hours with it going light for 12 hours and it my clothes for more.

If you like the "old school manly" scents give this one a shot.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I’ve only tried the original Aramis and that was many years ago. I loved it then. Should revisit it. Thanks for the review.

Hiya,

Having huffed both vintage and current versions, to my nose they are very similar. Truly a quite nice spicy juice.

not sure if i have old or new bottle, but it's nice.

mitchells wool fat simpson keyhole phoenix accoutrements aramis havana santa maria novella jun...jpg

As far as I know, all of the Aramis older flankers are at least decent for the intended style in old or new versions: Devin (a fair amount like Polo Green, as I recall); JHL (unusual in that it has a big cinnamon note, said to have been crafted by Este Lauder for her husband, Joseph--underrated); New West (aquatic); 900 (herby, rose, soap); Chromatics (metallic, but reviews say not); Tuscany (leather). I do not know the new ones, Special Blend, Modern Leather, Tobacco Reserve. There were apparently a fair number over the years that I have no familiarly with--Life, Portos, Adventurer, Voyager, Impeccable.

That is the new bottle, sarimento1. Perfectly respectable. I keep my new bottle at the office.

IMG_1337.jpg

I LOVE Havana.....had the old one and looked for it for years and everyone thought I was crazy when I asked for it at stores.....in many different airports (even). Finally, I found the new one on Amazon..... gr8 stuff! This and Carolina Herrera....

Havana, created by the great Edouard Flechier is a masterpiece. It is just about as good a dry tobacco leaf perfume as you can get. That it, along with the rest of the generally strong Aramis classic lineup are relatively inexpensive is just an added plus.

Top Bottom