What's new

Aramis Havana....very unique

I received a small decant of Havana from another member through a trade. Has anyone else tried this? The tobacco notes border on being obnoxious at first. But within an hour the tobacco really dies down and the overall fragrance smells very, very interesting. I wore it on a pretty hot day and it was nice.

What do you guys think about frags like this one that are so, so heavy on the tobacco notes. Wonderful or disgusting? How do non frag wearers react to scents like this. It seems far from "safe" or "simple". (And for those who have not tried it, it is clean and fresh tobacco....not burnt tobacco).

I love Havana. One of my summer evening go-to's, even in the heat and humidity. I don't find the opening obnoxious at all, and it received one of the few unsolicited positive reactions from the wife.

Okay, good. I think I will end up buying a larger decant or even bottle. Sometimes with frags like these (unique ones that I have never really smelled anything even similar) I need a little reassurance.

Use a light hand with this one, especially in warmer weather. Back of the neck is a good spot.

Havana's nice, but not unique. Try the discontinued Montana (original in the red box) if you ever get the chance. Nearly identical top notes, and very similar through drydown.

Havana's nice, but not unique. Try the discontinued Montana (original in the red box) if you ever get the chance. Nearly identical top notes, and very similar through drydown.

Oh boy....another fragrance I need to try now. That is ok....it looks like decanta are available for a reasonable price. Lots of reviewers however say it does not resemble Havana?

Spot on assessment. The original Montana Parfum D' Homme in the red box read as follows:Eau De Toilette
Spray Natural
The re-formulated version of this fragrance also in red box read as follows: Natural Spray
Eau De Toilette....I am hard pressed to find a big difference between the two.
Also once again reformulated, and released in blue box which I can find a noticeable difference from the other two fragrances.

Last edited:
Just sniffed Montana Red. I have not worn it on my skin yet, but upon application to paper it smells incredibly similar to Havana. Can't wait to see how it works on my skin.

Yup, it is official. Red Montana is great! It is very similar to Havana, simply without the blast of raw tobacco. They are both still different enough to own both, but I think I may like the Red Montana a bit better. Will have to wear both of them a few more times to decide for sure.

I have not tried Pure Havane. From what I am told....Pure Havane is pretty sweet (almost in a gourmand like way). Red Montana and Havana are not.

I just got a bottle of Havana; needed (?) another warm weather scent and liked the idea of the tobacco note. I bought it without trying it out, something that I rarely, if ever do. Used it this morning, and while I like it, I don't get any tobacco scent at all. Had my wife verify and she doesn't pick up any tobacco note either. Bottle came sealed, from a reputable vendor. I have a pretty good nose (bad with the jargon) and am also a cigar smoker, so I don't think I'm either missing something or can't identify it. Any suggestions?

I just got a bottle of Havana; needed (?) another warm weather scent and liked the idea of the tobacco note. I bought it without trying it out, something that I rarely, if ever do. Used it this morning, and while I like it, I don't get any tobacco scent at all. Had my wife verify and she doesn't pick up any tobacco note either. Bottle came sealed, from a reputable vendor. I have a pretty good nose (bad with the jargon) and am also a cigar smoker, so I don't think I'm either missing something or can't identify it. Any suggestions?

That is very strange because it is a tobacco based fragrance. Again, it it fresh tobacco......not burned tobacco.

Matt555: hadn't thought about it as fresh tobacco, a scent that I've never come in contact with. I assume that by fresh, you mean uncured, versus the aroma of a cigar (pre-smoking)? As I said, I'm not up on the jargon.
Thanks.

Matt555: hadn't thought about it as fresh tobacco, a scent that I've never come in contact with. I assume that by fresh, you mean uncured, versus the aroma of a cigar (pre-smoking)? As I said, I'm not up on the jargon.
Thanks.

I would say so....try to imagine a tobacco field. Or if you close your eyes when smelling it, you will probably be able to remember some cigars (before lighting them) that may have even smelled a bit similar. But like I said, raw tobacco.

I hate to differ with the consensus, but this seemed to scream 'dirty ashtray', and I've had women concur. I have a boxed bottle sprayed about four times that I might put on ebay, one of the few times I get rid of a frag (the only other time I did was Alfred Sung pour Homme). Much too 'dirty' for me, if that makes sense. High quality juice, but too pungent.

I hate to differ with the consensus, but this seemed to scream 'dirty ashtray', and I've had women concur. I have a boxed bottle sprayed about four times that I might put on ebay, one of the few times I get rid of a frag (the only other time I did was Alfred Sung pour Homme). Much too 'dirty' for me, if that makes sense. High quality juice, but too pungent.

Oh, wow. That is not a good way to smell....haha. I wonder if it just does not mix right with your skin? Anybody else smell burnt notes in it?

I get a boozey patchouli and spice with hint of tobacco. Dislike it all you want, the wife likes it and never comments on anything I wear.

Top Bottom